Save Bug in V6.6 Of The Logo Creator When will this be fixed

Discussion in 'The Creator V 7 Bug Reports' started by n2rga, Oct 4, 2013.

1. n2rga

n2rga

When picking save as PNG and saying yes to overwrite PNG file I say yes to overwrite warning and it never saves the file.
    There is several Posts on the same problem.
    Here are just two Posts: and both my questions or concerns where not answered.
    http://www.laughingbirdsoftware.com/forum/threads/will-not-overwrite-old-file.10724/
    http://www.laughingbirdsoftware.com/forum/threads/cannot-save-my-logos.10672/

The Official work around Given by Admin's here are
    1. "Try saving the PNG to your desktop instead"
    2. "try this: Save to desktop first then move to your preferred location."

When will a Fix be published so we can enjoy this software.
    Its a little bit of a Hassle to be moving the Graphic to a new location after saving to the Desktop.
    Marc has already Confirmed this is a Bug when will a new version be released that will fix this Bug.

2. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Hi there Mitch.
    Yes, we're still working on this. Hang in there. I'm sure it's frustrating.

The problem is that this doesn't happen to everybody. Just certain machines. Mostly older XP machines, but I've had reports of a few Windows7 users too.

I'm tryin'!
    We'll have this fixed.

... and by the way, you're URL: http://www.3alienswebhosting.com/
    Is redirecting to a 404 server not found.

Just giving you a heads up

3. n2rga

n2rga

Yes it is. I'm using windows 7 and windows 8. We have been waiting over a year now.
    Thanks

4. Mr Laughingbird

So, in all this time, you've never been able to save ANY of your creations?

5. n2rga

n2rga

NO I have to save it to the desk top then cut and paste it into the storage directory that it belongs in.
    If I remember correctly if it is saved into a directory on the desktop it works but like most people out storage is in the documents directory

6. Mr Laughingbird

What are you cutting and pasting? ... I'm a little confused.

Do you mean you (successfully) save a PNG or JPG image to your desktop. All is well.
    Then, you cut and paste it (meaning, you move it manually?) to your documents / 'whatever' folder?

Marc

7. n2rga

n2rga

8. Mr Laughingbird

So every time you use the "file > Save as Png" menu option, you get the error message?
    I really want to track this down Mitch.

Does the error only occur if you're trying to save the design back to the Documents folder? Or does this happen with EVERY folder (other than the desktop) on your computer?

9. n2rga

n2rga

I Just tried to save a PNG to the same directory as posted in one of my messages
    C:\wamp\www\3alienswebhosting.com\banners
    I saved it as 3awh_test_Logo.PNG and just went to look at it it never got saved and there was no error
    Could not find the Logo I just saved

I then Did a test Transparent Save and saved as a transparent .PNG and Got this error
    the directory was also C:\wamp\www\3alienswebhosting.com\banners
    I'm guessing the Template is named 3alienswebhosting. I tried to save it as 3awh_Transparent.PNG
    [​IMG]

Verified with Windows 8.1
    when I saved as .png to the desktop and the file was there i got this

[​IMG]

Then when saving to a folder I got this

[​IMG]

then this

[​IMG]

Then I tried to save to a directory in the documents directory and the same thing happened on save as .png

10. n2rga

n2rga

Answer to your second question is the save and not there after saving is only inside of the documents folder.
    Save and naming the png other then what I wanted and then saying it exists is only the documents folder
    Saving the png and the file exists and clicking to overwrite and it does not save does it anywhere. even the desktop.
    I hope I'm explaining this correctly

11. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

I can now duplicate your saving issue at will!
    That's a good thing, let me explain:

Win 8.1pro absolutely hates that period in C:\wamp\www\3alienswebhosting.com\banners

I created the same directory structure on my c: drive, and encountered the exact same save issues you have been describing. I could save the logo anywhere, in any format, in any folder, on any hard drive, EXCEPT in that directory containing C:\wamp\www\3alienswebhosting.com\banners

Once I renamed the 3alienswebhosting.com to 3alienswebhostingdotcom, TADA! PROBLEM SAVING IN THAT PARTICULAR DIRECTORY SOLVED!
    Even though a "period" is not an illegal character, under typical windows file naming conventions (a question mark is an "illegal character" that cannot be used in a file name) The Logo Creator does not seem to like it one bit.

From my viewpoint: that period used in your directory "C:\wamp\www\3alienswebhosting.com\banners" is the problem, and the fix is to simply remove the period.

KD-did likes this.
  12. Mr Laughingbird

Mitch: Awesome feedback.
    That's the most detailed we've had regarding this problem. It helps us replicate the issues.

Which - Glenn has apparently done!
    Nice work G!

BUT ... does that mean everybody else complaining of this problem is saving the file name with a strange character... like a period or the # symbol? Don't know...

Another customer (on Windows7) said it was simply her name.png (I think it was Julia.png) gave the problem

We're getting closer tho...

13. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

Here's a link to a good page about all that special character stuff:

http://www.portfoliofaq.com/pfaq/FAQ00352.htm

14. n2rga

n2rga

Another Problem I have found is when you Use the Cartoon element, Corporate Elements, Entertainment, Leisure Elements, Elements, Mascots2, I stopped there. if you move the slider fast you can't use the software any more. Happens with win 7 and win 8.1 and win 8.
    Can't be-leave I forgot to post about this. at any rate. if you need me to try anything else for you let me know

15. n2rga

n2rga

16. vic mackey

vic mackey

any update on this? I can't save anything. jpg, png, nothing. I am using XP

17. n2rga

n2rga

Any update on this Bug?

18. Kaya

Kaya

I have been having the same issue, based on eliminating "period" I also found out the word "Logo" should not be in the folder name either like this one:
    C:\Users\Kaya\Dropbox\03-1A-CPAPplanet\Logo
    I renamed to:
    C:\Users\Kaya\Dropbox\03-1A-CPAPplanet\TLC
    it worked fine.

19. n2rga

n2rga

Still no answer from support on when these bugs will be fixed