Sad Duck 2015: Graphics Giveaway Contest!

Discussion in 'Design Contests' started by gunsmoke, Sep 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

invoice_logo.gif
    Hi ya'll !

Disclaimer: This contest is being held by sadduck.com
    Entries have to include graphics downloaded from sadduck.com
    You may use any program you like to compile an original work using the downloaded graphics. You may add additional graphics so long as they are royalty free and/or you have the right to use and/or distribute them in original works. This contest is being posted on the Laughingbird Software forum as a courtesy, but Laughingbird Software is in no way connected to sadduck.com or this giveaway contest. Any questions, comments and/or complaints should be directed to sadduck.com
    You may contact us through the form on our website at http://sadduck.com

I'm having my first ever contest. Woo-hoo!

There is no cost to enter this contest.

The Grand Prize ( well, the only prize ) is your choice of ANY graphics package available on the Sad Duck website!

The contest will be in effect from Monday 09/07/2015 @ 0800 ( US Central Time ) until
    Friday 09/11/2015 @ 1200 ( Noon, US Central Time )

The winner will be announced as soon as I receive the judges final verdict ( and get somewhere I have an internet signal! )

Okay, there are a few rules before we get started.
    1. You MUST use at least 1 graphic from the Contest Package available on my website.
    a. http://sadduck.com/digishop/contest2015/
    2. ALL entries will be ROYALTY FREE.
    a. you may use ANY royalty free graphic you have
    b. If you submit a design, you must understand that ANYONE can download and use that design for any purpose and at any time. You retain no rights of any sort. No one does.
    3. Judging will be by 3 independent judges ( I'm not one! Neither is Laughingbird Software )
    4. ALL entries must be posted to THIS forum thread!
    a. Post anywhere else, your design will not be considered.
    5. Early and/or late posts will not be considered. Download the package now, but DO NOT post any entries before 8am tomorrow ( US Central Time )
    6. Enter AS MANY times as you like! I'm looking for ideas!!

Whew! I think that about covers it. I placed a sample in the download package just to get the juices flowing! Have fun and let's see what you can do!

Last edited: Sep 8, 2015
  2. Jansventures

Jansventures

Well..Here I am, but where do I go for the download link? Guess I'm missing something..Ha!
    I read the rules..Went to sadduck..and?

3. Redneck

Redneck

Well after waiting forever to get the link to load....then try and download the "freebie"....and again after waiting forever it finally tells me I must be logged in to download....need to check yur site or something...shouldn't take so long to load a page.....I gave up

4. KD-did

KD-did

Did you look under "FleaMarket"???

5. Gochoa3664

Gochoa3664

you need to be a member to download the zip file..and the link is in the in the contest rules but here it is: http://sadduck.com/digishop/contest2015/ At least that is how I was able to download the images

6. Linda Aben

Linda Aben

i couldn't login and Lance Tindall made an account for me https://www.facebook.com/lance.k.tindall?fref=nf
    And now im logged in and i downloaded the contest files and basicly anything else free i could find. i especially liked the elephant download (wow they are amazing :) ).

Jansventures likes this.
  7. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

Found the problem requiring everyone to log in. There's a toggle in the script that works backwards! Emailed the author and he confirmed. It'll be fixed in the next release. Oh well. Sorry for all the hassle everyone. It should work fine now.

As far as being slow. It's not. It's your connection, or the fact that to many are trying to log on at one time. Not much I can do about that except grind my teeth. I'm not paying ( yet ) the big bucks for a dedicated server. Sorry again.

I'm still burned about that toggle being backwards! Argh!

Anyway, hope everyone is getting it! And having fun! Despite the frustrations. I've found that beer helps a lot!

Let me know if anything else strange happens. And let's see some creations before I do lose my mind!
    :1big smile:

8. Redneck

Redneck

Did check there now.....sorry.....just get tired of waiting for the login to appear.....I would think it's my connection but it's only slow on that site......oh well.....won't kill me.....

9. Jansventures

Jansventures

I am now a member and the download I got was all about Stinger jpg??? I will delete this & try again..

10. Gochoa3664

Gochoa3664

Ok
    OK.. Now Login--maybe you have to again, I did-- to the account and then come back here and click the contest link to down load (or copy the link and paste the contest liink)..then scroll to the bottom of the page and click on FREE ITEM. Hope this helps Jansventures. :)

11. KD-did

KD-did

Think Lance was working on it...now try ...the FleaMarket
    That Stinger file is the download..

Jansventures likes this.
  12. Jansventures

Jansventures

Yes..I found that out..Silly me! Thanks for all your help..:1smile smile:
    Don't mean to be a Pain..

13. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

What do they say ... no pain no gain! Glad it's all working out, and you're not a pain. Others have issues too, you're just not hearing about them. Forget it and move on is what I say! Hope to see a graphics post from you soon! Let your imagination run free!!

Jansventures likes this.
  14. Linda Aben

Linda Aben

I would like to join the contest with this design (ive used 3 of your images). I guess someone has to be the first to post a design and maybe others will follow now.

Attached Files:

Jansventures, gunsmoke and snginc like this.
  15. snginc

snginc

Looks great Linda! Thanks for being our first contestant!

16. Jansventures

Jansventures

sdcontest.PNG
    Here is my design for the SadDuck contest..It is what it is..This is just an image, I have never done a download..

Not sure what to do..Might need some Help..:help:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2015
    snginc and gunsmoke like this.
  17. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

Not bad at all! Very nicely done! I like the 'USA' touch!
    :1big smile:

18. Jansventures

Jansventures

Ha!:1thanks:I will give it another try...

19. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

Enter as many times as you like! Good luck!

Jansventures likes this.
  20. Jansventures

Jansventures

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.