S.O.S

Discussion in 'General Support' started by LoGoLoCo1, Jan 30, 2014.

1. LoGoLoCo1

LoGoLoCo1

Is anyone having a problem like mines , i opened my LC program to create a logo and nothing is there no templates , no elements , my templates box does drop down but it's empty and i had about 30 saved there , i can go to file and open a new template when i do i see tag lines and slogans but that's it . I removed the program and re installed using the application exe on the support page but i got the same results , anyone have any suggestions or ideas ? thank you ,

2. KD-did

KD-did

It would help knowing what you did that put this issue into play. Did you do an update? What version were you working with. What platform?

3. LoGoLoCo1

LoGoLoCo1

Hello KD
    No i didn't do an update i used the program 3 days prior and it was fine , opened it up yesterday and nothing was there . I'm using version 6.6 running on win7

4. KD-did

KD-did

Tell me did you have the V6 download on your computer first? Have you checked for malware on your computer? Did you purchase the V6.8 "Poppers" edition? Try looking up your order and doing a fresh download. If you did purchase Poppers do the download of the V6 edition to the V6.8 edition.
    http://www.thelogocreator.com/order-lookup

5. LoGoLoCo1

LoGoLoCo1

yes i started with V6 then updated to V6.6 via email , i did not purchase any other editions , my computer is free of malware , spyware, root kits or viruses . My Norton 360 is up to date . i hope this helps you .

6. LoGoLoCo1

LoGoLoCo1

I went to the support page and downloaded the application exe file , ran it and still have the same problem

7. KD-did

KD-did

Look for the "Laughingbird Documents" file. It should be in either Documents or in older cases the My Documents file. Make sure it is on your C drive.

8. KD-did

KD-did

Search your computer for any DS_STORE files if you are using Windows.

9. LoGoLoCo1

LoGoLoCo1

I've done all that , can you tell me how i can re-install my product , I've used the support page download and it's doing the same thing.

10. KD-did

KD-did

I think the only the portion with the templates and elements is missing....V6.6 has no templates nor elements to it. I am not an employee of Laughingbird Software so I have no ability to give you any links.

11. LoGoLoCo1

LoGoLoCo1

If V6.6 has no templates or elements than i must have a different version than the one Marc sent via email , can you tell me how can i download V6 again , i'd rather go back to that version and upgrade all over again .

12. LoGoLoCo1

LoGoLoCo1

Here are some screen shots for you , hopefully they will help you understand what I'm talking about. Has you can see in screen shot of instructions , it says you can select templates to use in version 6.6 not just the one's you've saved .

Attached Files:

13. LoGoLoCo1

LoGoLoCo1

KD stepped up to the plate ,swung for the fences knocked it out the park and scored one for the team , email after email helping make a trying time easier to deal with , THANK YOU very much KD

14. LoGoLoCo1

LoGoLoCo1

Once again Marc has proven that he stands by his product and is a man of his word when my LC product when down i sent him a email he had never encountered a problem such like mines but after three emails one explaining my issue , one to reply back to a solution he recommended and a final email with screen shots he simply said four words in his reply ” Lets make this easy ” and sent me a full install V 6.6 , I’m very happy to say my product is working as good now has it was the first time i installed it . And i need to mention he has a support team that's there when you need them . This is one product i can say is worth the money and the man behind it along with the forum team is on the money . Thank you Marc and Admins .

15. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

Please copy the original download MArc sent you to either another hard drive, or a usb drive. WHY? If you ever have to reinstall anything, you grab that usb drive, plug it in, and BAM!

I have a usb drive I keep my stuff on: all the original downloads, the laughingbird documents library is also backed up onto it every couple of weeks. As you purchase more ad on paks, and make more creations (I once made a logo over 100MB in size) the size of the documents library can increase quite dramatically. My laughingbird documents library is now 1.61GB in size! BACKUP YOUR ORIGINAL PURCHASES AND DOWNLOADS, PULEEESE!