Run Time Error

Discussion in 'Raves and Rants' started by Kritterkots, May 7, 2004.

1. Kritterkots

Kritterkots

Hello,

Last night while working on a new logo, I received a Run Time Error. It locked up the program, then shut down, taking the work I had done with it.

It would not save the work I had done, so I lost it.

Any idea why the software is doing this? And any way to fix it?

I have the Regular Logo Creator Software.

Thanks

Robert Strong
    Kritterkots.com

2. jamirae

jamirae

3. Kritterkots

Kritterkots

Jami,

Yeah I tried that earlier, but it didn't work. It seems to happen when you are creating a logo rather than when you save it. I had to uninstall the program and reinstall it a couple times, but still had the same problem. Now, while working on anything, it seems to hang, especially when changing the size or type of font, outline, etc... After every new text element you have to save as soon as you put it in or you will lose it.You can't modify it right away, type in hello (save) why (save)etc... no modifications. at this point, I don't know what to do other than not use the program.

Thanks

4. jamirae

jamirae

hmm.. well that's no good!!

let's see if we can help... Can you post your system info?

What OS (windows/mac) and version
    what virus scanner (if any) are you running
    how much memory (system RAM) do you have

Do you get any error messages or just it just hang? (if an error message, it might help if you could type exactly what it says)

what all have you already tried (i.e. rebooting, reinstalling, etc -- wouldnt want someone to give you advice on something you already tried :) )

also.. what version of TLC are you running? if you can get into the program, find "about" (on mine it's under "window" menu then "about")

I dont know if this is recent or not, but in my version, 3.5.1, it has a "check for internet updates" option on the "window" menu... if you have that try it, maybe there is a fix for your problem already.

and lastly.... have you PM'ed Marc or emailed support yet? if not, I'll put an "APB" out and see if I can get Marc in here to help you --quick like! :)

5. KD-did

KD-did

Robert, did you have other applications running in the background that may have tapped your resources that when you ran TLC before wasn't running?

In some cases it is important to watch file names and paths lengths. Spyware and adware will/can attach themselves to file names making for runtime errors.

6. Kritterkots

Kritterkots

Fatal Error!!! , Runtime Error, Script Error,

:mad: Hello Everybody,

Now I am getting a Fatal Error Message. I closed all other programs before I run the software, but still has problems.

I have plenty of space on my computer, and resources, ram is 510, 80 gig hd, amd athlon processor, msi mainboard, 128 mg GeForce Video Card 5200fx

Anyway, I am not quite sure what to do at this point. Maybe I bought a bad copy or something. The program likes to hang up alot also. Are there any updates available?

If anybody has any ideas please let me know.

Thanks Again

Robert

7. jamirae

jamirae

Robert.. yikes...

can you tell us what Operating system you are running also?

8. Kritterkots

Kritterkots

Running Windows Xp Professional.

Maybe the logo creator disc is defective??

Robert

9. KD-did

KD-did

Several different things can cause fatal error and the error may not even be with TLC at all. For instance a "system font" may not have both capital and lower case alphabet. The computer can't do what you want it to so it basically times out. You may have picked up spyware/adware someplace.. or even your Macromedia needs an update.

I think it was Peter in a different thread that had problems ..only after he got anti-spyware/adware program....his computer ran better ... and only after a cold boot things worked properly.

10. jamirae

jamirae

Katie.. I forgot about the spyware issue.. that is a possibility, too. Robert, here's a good one that someone had recommended here before:

SpyBot Search and Destroy.

I do have a message into Marc to try and get you some more help. Have you tried to contact him yet also?

It could be the disk, but I would be doubtful of that. Just to clarify, you did try for updates to TLC already, right?

I'm sure you're frustrated by now.. I know that I would be! Have you worked with any of your other programs and are they all working fine?

11. Kritterkots

Kritterkots

Still Having Error

Ok guys How is Everybody?

Better than me I hope! Anyway, I have spyware installed on my pc, I am free and clear of anythin harmful. No other programs seem to be affected only TLC
    I have downloaded all updates that have been available, the only thing I can think of is that the software is corrupted. I am not sure what to do at this point other than buy another copy and see if that works, but then I am out another $20

I haven't gotten a hold of Marc yet, I have been Extremely busy working on our new website with the Word of Mouth gals, so I wil try tonight.

Thanks Again

Robert

12. KD-did

KD-did

Robert, I am playing a hunch here... reinstall your CD version without doing update/upgrade to v3.5.1 and see if that allows you to run your TLC program as before. I don't believe that your CD was burnt by Digital River but by another licensed company who have additional files that maybe the cause of a conflict.