Rookie Logo Creator Looking For A Logo Critique

Discussion in 'Logos and other Graphics reviewed' started by grdbum, Aug 1, 2015.

1. grdbum

grdbum

2. grdbum

grdbum

Oops, this is my firs time posting in these forums and I goofed. Please feel free to tear apart my logo. I am just learning how to use the Logo Creator.

The green background in my image is the same as the website background.

Thank you for your help.

3. KD-did

KD-did

[welcome2]
    I think you are not quite there yet. Needs a little WOW factor.How about using a clipboard to put the business name on? The type that movies scenes use when filming!

4. grdbum

grdbum

Thank you very much for the critique of my logo. I am not sure what you are talking about by clipboard. I am thinking of a little sign that has an arm on it that raises up and you slap the arm down when you are ready to begin filming.

Here is an image of what I am trying to describe. I created this before I started using the logo creator. Please feel free to critique that logo too. I am sure that the other logo can also be improved a lot.

Is what you are recommending for putting my business name found anywhere in the Logo Creator? if so where?

Attached Files:

5. KD-did

KD-did

You have the correct image. Now it is a matter of doing your text. Here is a (png)clipboard image you might find a little better to work with. Just import it to your canvas. It is a free public domain image . I am seeing what maybe a glitch. I'll look at it and edit for you if necessary. clipboard-305778_1280.png

6. grdbum

grdbum

WOW! Thank you very much for that free image. I will give it a try. Thank you very much for the great advice.

7. KD-did

KD-did

There was a glitch on that image. Fixed for you. clapboard.png

8. grdbum

grdbum

Thank you very much for the revised image. I think that it will make a wonderful logo.

9. KD-did

KD-did

10. grdbum

grdbum

It is very nice of you to do so much for your product buyers. Thank you.

11. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

What's a "Busi" and a "ness"? You probably want to consider the same color for the entire word. I like to compare logos to food. Right now it looks like plain white bread to me. At least you are getting to know the program. Use the SAVE A VERSION. All in all it's really a pretty good first effort....

The font's you used are pretty bland.
    I also really don't like the color combo one bit.
    I also don't care for all the space between all the letters.

12. grdbum

grdbum

Thank you very much for all of that great feedback about my logo. Fonts are a huge weakness for me. I really don't have a clue on how to go about choosing good fonts for a logo. I am very graphically challenged.

13. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

Make a couple dozen different logos changing just the font... change the font, then SAVE A VERSION. Ultimately if it's something you're just doing fun, it really doesn't matter. But if your' gong to set something up where you want to make $$$--- it better appeal to a wide audience....

14. grdbum

grdbum

Thank you very much for that wonderful advice.

Do you recommend using the same font for all of the words in the logo?

15. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

Not necessary, in my opinion.... Attached is something I made in 2 minutes using one of the templates.... jb.JPG

16. grdbum

grdbum

WOW! That looks fantastic. Thank you for the fabulous suggestion.

If I was to make something like that, would it be ok to put that square light blue background on my website? The website background is dark green.

I just finished creating a new version of my logo using the lettering provided. The lettering looks great at full size , but something happens to it when I use a small size on the web page. Here is a screenshot on the green background. The logo is only 1/10th its original size on my website, but I made the web page size 200% of normal to give you a better look.

Attached Files:

17. KD-did

KD-did

If you are a Windows user use resizer like Pixresizer ( which is free) to resize your project after exporting it. When graphics when not seen at 100%...they look choppy. It is a que that you are not at 100.

BTW if you had made it a transparent png the size would have been closer to being correct.

REALLY EASY to use!!!! http://bluefive.pair.com/pixresizer_screenshots.htm

18. grdbum

grdbum

Thank you very much for the great advice.

I saved the image as a ping but then I reduced the size in the HTML coding to a much smaller size- 140 X 140 pixels. The full size image is 1440 X 1440.

I will give it another try but this time I will use the link that you provided.

As you can see, I really need all the help that I can get. Thank you.

19. KD-did

KD-did

HTML code maybe great but you will see much better results buy controlling the sizing yourself.

20. grdbum

grdbum

Yes, I can see that now. Thank you.