Roar logo - Improving

Discussion in 'Help wanted with my design' started by Juncal, Dec 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juncal

Juncal

Hi,

I'm trying to improve myself and I made this with TLC and I would like to hear your opinions. I'm trying to apply what I read and hear in several threads and using their advices. My main objetive was "less is more" What do you think?

Thanks in advance! :banan:

Arturo.

Attached Files:

2. blackknight

blackknight

I like your concept. I like the "paw print" inside the circle. With the box around the word roar it makes your design look too tight. I favor a bit more color but that is just me. I like a heavy font for roar but maybe experiment with other heavy fonts. Overall, the concept is great

3. Juncal

Juncal

Hi BK,

Thanks for your quick reply! Ok, I'm looking for heavy fonts, I will try with some of them and without box, we will see how it looks, I will upload the new result as soon as I finished.

R-turo

4. Juncal

Juncal

What about now?

Hi,

I made a few changes, no frame and a touch of color... Plus I'm uploading my own version of "thundercats" made with TLC.

Have a nice day,

Arturo

Attached Files:

5. D RAT2

D RAT2

To keep things simple I would lose the light brown shadow behind the paw. I like the second logo the best.

6. Lamo1graphic

Lamo1graphic

could you please tell me what font you used for the roar,i have an idea for u ,but i just want to try it myself to see if it will look right
    many thanks
    lamo1

7. cybrnetico

cybrnetico Staff Member

your getting good at it..keep it up. but was wondering the panther from the orb is that a dingbat font? If so what is the name.

thanks!

8. Juncal

Juncal

Hi Cybr,

No, unfotunately it's not a dingbat, it's the original panther (cat) siluet from the cartoon series, the original one was made with standar red and white. If you want to I can send you the original file (jpeg) Thanks for comment :o)

Hey Lamo,

Now I'm away from my main computer and here I don't have the TLC, I will let you know the name of the font, I would lke to see your try :o)

Thanks Dumpster, I will try with no light brown shadow. I'll be back!

Arturo.

9. Juncal

Juncal

Font

Hola Lamo,

The Roar name it's made with "SOFACHROME" font and The tagline it's made with "TEEN" font, go for it! :bancha:

Arturo.

10. Gravy

Gravy

I like the original with the frame.
    It's very clean and creative.

Although the small text at the bottom seems a little fuzzy to me, A drop shadow behind it perhaps? When you use a shadow behind text if it has any blur to it, the places where it closely intersects with the text or object will appear a bit fuzzy. Try changing the blur value to zero and then lighten the shadow a few shades so that the difference will be more noticable then your text will pop out more crisply.

11. Juncal

Juncal

Hi Gravy,

Thank you so much for your comment and for your advice, yes, I checked again and you are right it looks a bit fuzzy. Your comment it's excellent, easy to understand for a newbie like me :o) thks!

Arturo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.