Resource for images

Discussion in 'Logo Designs' started by DGust, Aug 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DGust

DGust

I look through logo books and see the designs that people post here in response to requests for help (very quickly I might add) and I know I have not found the right sources for clip art or illustrations. What are the secret repositories of the garphics community? Help? For instance I need to create a logo that combines the imagery of a cell phone and a padlock. It must be modern and capable of being recognized in very small size. I have a thought in my head, but I find lame clip art to match my vision. Where do you guys start?

2. KD-did

KD-did

3. DGust

DGust

Thanks KD-did

You are right, I see a lot of good materials here...am adding to my working list for sure (beyond the current project). I am looking for line art sources that I can adapt to my needs. I planned to do exactly what you suggested...will take parts and pieces to meld into one. Thanks for the tutorial link on masking. Perfect for my needs. I appreciate the guidance!

4. KD-did

KD-did

5. DGust

DGust

Slightly different concept

Thinking more universal symbolic in style (like handicap symbol). Must work in black and white alone and in very small size... so the cell body is balck and the has a little white block for the screen and smaller white dots for the buttons. Thinking of the cell as the body of the padlock with the lock ring coming out of the top. Can be closed, or open lock ring (I think it is called a shank?)

6. DGust

DGust

Additional detail

For larger sizes, it would be helpful to have 5 asterisks in the screen in a row like a PIN code. I don't know how small that will translate.

7. Chris

Chris Staff Member

So is this for a forum?

8. DGust

DGust

No. I was originally looking for sources of line art that I could edit...Worlock posted an example that was a little different than what I was looking for. Does anyone have a link to the universal international symbol set that would include things like the handicap symbol?

9. DGust

DGust

For this it is probably just as easy to create it from scratch. I still am looking for good collections of clip art... quality is very uneven on the sites I find through search... can waste a lot of time trying to find elements.

10. KD-did

KD-did

What size of graphic are you looking for?

11. KD-did

KD-did

Looks like you beat me to it Worlock...LOL.

12. KD-did

KD-did

here is another concept
    Thank you Worlock...I am not so sure about that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.