Resolution

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator' started by wongard, May 27, 2007.

1. wongard

wongard

What is the best way to increase the resolution sof logos once created. Some of the elements pixillate with only small increases in size, how can we avoid this?

2. Worlock

Worlock Guest

all images have a limit as to how big you an make them..depending on the file type also because that plays a bigger factor in this as well...A gif wont stretch better than a jpg and a jpg wont stretch better than a PNG...also depending on the actual size of the graphic your using,,,thats gonna play into this as well. how big has it got to be? and what is it your trying to stretch?

3. wongard

wongard

Geez Worlock, you answer these so quick you must be wired into your computer.

Well it is with a few elements I have got from the various packs. When trying to enlarge them in TLC they become pixelated.

But what I have also noticed is that once I have completed a logo and exported it (usually transparent PNG or Gif. Then try printing it on full page A4, it pixellates on the edge.

I want to be able to create a logo that I will be able to put on anything from a business card through to the side of my car.

4. Worlock

Worlock Guest

I feel like Im wired to it sometimes..
    Actually there is a limit, but its not limited to...What I mean is this...
    Your talking about 2 things here...a business card which is small and a placard for your car which in realtivity is large...If your going to an 8½ by 11 inch page of paper...I can tell you from experience ..it wont work. But laughingbird has arranged help with this issue. See the link below
    http://www.logodesignforum.com/foru...com-official-recommendation-laughingbird.html

It will hopefully help you understand more about what your trying to do.
    and this will require an outside source.

5. wongard

wongard

Worlock, once again you are right on the money, that is the perfect advice for my issue.

6. Worlock

Worlock Guest

Well thank you...I hope I dont steer anyone wrong, and by no means am I an expert...but its what we strive for here at the forum, to help and Im glad I did...Good luck on your endeavor and dont hesitate to ask when you want to know :)