RESOLUTION

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself!' started by 13bmazda, May 2, 2013.

1. 13bmazda

13bmazda

is there a way to change the resolution to 300 DPI...? the 72 dpi is for web only and I am looking to print. So before I purchase this program, I need to know this.....

2. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

Please do not worry about the DPI. Most professional print services use software that default to 72dpi, adobe photoshop does the same thing when you go to print a logo. Your output resolution is printer dependent.

You have to consider a couple of things when printing:

1. The size of the original image
    2. The resolution, and the size, of the output (300 DPI vs 1200dpi for example).

THE FOLLOWING IS A REALLY SIMPLIFIED DISCUSSION....

The template size for the business cards is quite big-- 1260 x 735 (multiply those 2 numbers) and you have 926,100 bytes of information to work with-- that's why the business cards look great when printed-- they contain alot of information.

Let's say you you make a logo 200 x 300 (pretty small) that gives you 60,000 bytes of info to work with.

As you increase your output (the dpi) your image will proportionally shrink.

If you try to print that same small (200 x 300) logo on some huge poster paper, you will get pixellation as the software only has 60,000 bytes of info to work with.

3. 13bmazda

13bmazda

DON'T WORRY ABOUT THE DPI...... WTF...? I NEED TO BE ABLE TO CREATE A LOGO THAT IS 36" X 54" AT 300 DPI. WILL YOUR SOFTWARE DO THIS OR NOT......

4. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

You will need to convert your image to a vector format, if you don't, you will get pixellation when printed at size of output at 300dpi. The logo creator does not produce vector images.