Resizing the logo

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator' started by latenights, Feb 21, 2008.

1. latenights

latenights

Hi All,

I just made my 50th bday today, but it reminds me how many years I have been working with tiny circuits, so when I use TLC I like to have a big canvas to work with on screen. When I am happy with it I spend ages manually resizing it. I made one logo and it takes forever to load www.christmashousesxm.org/index.html and the logo on the top right is 135K.

What are the steps to reduce the pixel size so it is optimised for web? Can I leave the logo I am working on with a large canvas but them export it to smaller web size? I tried using 1/4 page 1/2 page etc. NOw I went to the other extreme with the logo at www.adrat.org/index.html and its too small.

Please suggest something.

Thanks

2. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

scaling logos

Hi LN...

You're hitting some good questions today.

Looks like you've tried to resize the logos using HTML rather than export the actual size you want.

I see, on the page you point to above, that the two logos are fairly small. But when viewing the actual logos - they're twice as big
    (http://www.christmashousesxm.org/images/360 tour button.jpg)

Export them to the size you want.

In The Logo Creator, create you image and choose "More Export Options..." from the MODIFY menu.

From here, you can type in the exact size you want.

now export it and it should fit ... and load ... much better.

Marc

3. KD-did

KD-did

You can shrink the canvas and the logo at the same time by clicking on Export>> more export options>>> and then dragging the right hand corner and then hitting the done button to finish. After you finish your will return to the working canvas size.