1. New Software Notice alert!

The new Web Graphics Creator (version 4.0) will be out soon.

For now, version 3.0 is still active and works great on most Windows machines. It no longer runs on Macs using Lion or greater... (but the new version will fix this)

So hang in there! It's almost done!

resizing an element?

Discussion in 'Web Graphics Creator' started by gigglemal, May 28, 2007.

1. gigglemal

gigglemal

Hiya

New to WGC, but find it very simple, quick & easy to get started :image16:

I'm hoping to use it to develop banners, ebook covers etc as I'm getting into web content, eBay, blogs, etc

However, one thing is puzzling at present - when I'm in the Art Center, how do I resize an element? I guess I could export element/group to resize in external program, but this seems long-winded. Surely there's an easy way that I'm missing :image09:

See, I've created a graphic with a few elements, but if I want to stretch the border dimensions to say, a header or footer graphic, I have to move the elements around - and some need scaling up/down to maintain consistency - eg. I may have an Email address (I know can resize text) but if I have say two graphics in there, I only seem able to move them around.

Cheers for any help or advice given !

:image28:

2. Randy...

Randy... Guest

While clicking on an element, go into the 'attributes' button and you'll find the 'scale' slider. This will allow you to size an graphic.

3. gigglemal

gigglemal

sorry, misleading title - should have said 'grouped' element

Hi Diggler

Cheers for the reply; guess I should have been a tad clearer. I meant a grouped element, sorry. When I've loaded the .tlc file , there is an element & a text, and a grouped design - when I select this, it only comes up to change background colour, not the attributes/color/shadow/blur boxes.

If it's any help, the message about rendering an image comes up while the file is loaded; I tried to find the logo I based this on but I can't:image27:

Thanks again for your help

:image28:

4. Worlock

Worlock Guest

On something like that, you need to select each element and resize each individually, If you try to do them all at once..each has its own attributes which are different. :)

5. Randy...

Randy... Guest

Thanks Worlock --- Giggle, the ability to select a group of text and graphics together and resize has been asked before. It involves quite a bit of programming. I'm not sure where it lies upon the priority on the wish list, but it has been brought up before. At this time, you'll have to select them individually and size accordingly. (You may need to ungroup them.)