Resize logo/canvas (I've searched...believe me!)

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by mccaulj, Apr 12, 2005.

1. mccaulj

mccaulj

I realize that this question has been asked a million times and I've tried all of the tips but it's still not working. I have a logo created. I'm trying to export a transparent GIF to put on a website. However I want one size for banner and another for the main page. So I've tried to reset the numbers on the custom export page, I've tried dragging the corners, none of it works. If I reset the numbers and export nothing changes. If I drag the corners, the canvas resizes but then my logo doesn't change so it doesn't all fit. How do I make this work short of going in and resizing every element (not very user friendly and quite ridiculous if this is the only way). I'd appreciate any help, advice, suggestions, you can give me.
    Thanks so much!
    Jennifer

2. KD-did

KD-did

Okay..first click export, then...more export options, choose format Tgif...now try doing the resizing. The entire will resize if you are using v3.6.1.When it is the correct size export and then done.

1) click export
    2)click more export options
    3)resize by dragging right corner...entire logo will adjust.
    4)click export
    5)done

3. cybrnetico

cybrnetico Staff Member

I tried what you said Katie, and my jaw drop, thought it was cool. I hope maccaulj gets the same results :)

p.s. maybe I should read the manual more :rolleyes:

4. Gravy

Gravy

So cool, I had no idea. What a great way to squash objests and reimport them. In the beginning I kept trying to group all and look for a scaling option.

Cybr when your done with that manual pass it this way.

5. mccaulj

mccaulj

Thanks...but I think I must be stupid

Ok, I have v 3.6.1 and I just went through these steps and it still does not work. When I do it, the canvas will resize, but my logo doesn't. This means when I make it smaller then my logo gets cut off. When I make the canvas bigger it just leaves lots of white space. Am I not doing something right? I followed the steps. Thanks so much for the replies...but I'm still frustrated as this is not working.

6. Gravy

Gravy

I just followed the directions above and it worked for me. I've been using TLC for about 3 months now and did'nt know I could do this. I've been exporting and then using another program to resize them.

Just go to the export tab and then choose "more export options" then click on what ever format you desire, then grab a corner and drag it to whatever size you want or optionally enter the height and width manually in the boxes provided. Piece of cake.

7. cybrnetico

cybrnetico Staff Member

hopefully this visual will help

hope this help mccaulj this way the screenshots should match yours. :2cents: :magic:

8. mccaulj

mccaulj

yep, that's what I did and like I've said the canvas size changes but my logo doesn't so when I export it parts of it get cut off when I'm trying to make it smaller.

I really do appreciate your help, but it seems I have a real problem with my software or something since everyone else seems to be able to make it work.

9. Shelly

Shelly

Have you tried holding down the Shift key whilst resizing,this should resize your logo porportionally.

If that doesnt work then you do have a software problem,Sorry

The picĀ“s below are 1 normal size and the other is the smallest I can get it at about 100x100 pixels

Attached Files:

10. mccaulj

mccaulj

Ok, after all of this..I just checked for updates and downloaded them. Now this whole process works! Wow wouldn't this have been easier. I wish I would have thought to check that first (Reason #327 why I don't work at a help desk). Thanks to all for your responses, but I seem to have fixed it :) (yeah!)

11. cybrnetico

cybrnetico Staff Member

cheers mccaulj

glad thinks worked out :beer: :beer: :beer: :TLC ROCKS

12. sleonard

sleonard

Yes, it resizes, but it pixelates like heck. :( All images export very small (2 inches by .78 inches is as large as I've gotten) though I export them at high resolution (300 dpi) and use a large canvas when creating them. I understand I would need a vector image for making it large enough for signage or a large banner, but these exports aren't sufficient enough except for very small use if you don't want pixelation.