1. New Software Notice alert!

The new Web Graphics Creator (version 4.0) will be out soon.

For now, version 3.0 is still active and works great on most Windows machines. It no longer runs on Macs using Lion or greater... (but the new version will fix this)

So hang in there! It's almost done!

"Render Image" options--what do we sacrifice?

Discussion in 'Web Graphics Creator' started by CFB, Feb 25, 2007.

1. CFB

CFB

It's me again--I'm going to keep asking until I master this thing!

Re: rendering option--anti-aliasing

I've read another thread about possibly having to choose "turn off antialiasing" in order for some computers to be able to export the file. With my very first attempt, with an image apprx. 700 x 400; 2X antialiasing...I got the message that an error occured and to resize the image and/or choose no antialiasing, etc. But another time I was able to accomplish the export.

My question: what do we "sacrifice" in image quality if we can't use the antialiasing feature?

What is the difference between 2x vs. 4x ? When would we want to use 4x, for instance? In a certain publishing situation, etc?

I understand the basics of antialiasing, however want to understand it in relation to this software.

Thanks! I'll be back with more questions, I'm sure.

Claudia
    (P.S. Yes, I am trying to find answers and educate myself on what I can find online here and in the tutorials. Marc....you REALLY need to put together a manual...don't you have enough information assembled by this point to do so???)

2. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Hi Claudia.

When you get the error message you're referring to (your image is too big), it means that the software is warning you you may not have enough memory to export such a big file.

You can still hit the OKAY button and see what happens. More times than not, the image will export just fine.

The software will basically take a screen shot of your entire eCover canvas. You can try alleviating the large size by making the 3D box bigger, and reducing the canvas size by clicking and dragging the canvas window to make it smaller.

See my screenshots below to better explain this.

...And yes, I'm putting together more tutorials (and a better manual).

- Marc

Attached Files:

3. CFB

CFB

Hi Marc:
    AHA! Didn't know you could do this...see, you've just taught me one more trick :-)

But, can you pleae answer my questions about the 2X vs 4X antialising options and exactly what that does (or doesn't) mean to the final quality of my covers. When or why would I really need to use these options?

Glad to hear you are working on a manual, it really would make your product so much more user friendly. I know there is so much your software can do that I have absolutely NO IDEA of! And that is a shame.

Which manual are you referring to? (Just making sure I am aware of what exactly you are referring to.)

Thanks!
    Claudia

4. a¿ex

a¿ex Staff Member

Here are some comparison images and explanations to outline the difference:
    http://www.farbflash.de/WGC/index.html

5. CFB

CFB

Thank you a¿ex I will read this.

Claudia