remove white background

Discussion in 'Raves and Rants' started by bigpoketz, Oct 2, 2004.

1. bigpoketz

bigpoketz

i am using a macg4 powerbook 667mhz512mb and whenever i try 2 use the remove white background feature on a jpg picture it wipes out some of the white but not all of the white. i will repeat the command 2 or 3x and nothing happens,any suggestions????

2. LogoManiac

LogoManiac

thats because of the pixelation. if you were to zoom in on those pixels, you would see they are not true white. go in to the image and use a selection tool to highlight the object, ctrl copy and paste into a new transparent image. if you still have pixelation , you will have to go in manually and erase them.

3. KD-did

KD-did

Doing prep work to images before building a logo in TLC can be a major help. Having even a simple photo editor program that offers a cropping can save you a lot of frustration.Oddly enough Capture Wiz , a screen capture program, offers some great tools to edit images with and so user friendly.

http://www.pixelmetrics.com/CapWizPro/index.htm

By just cropping as much of the white from your desired image beforehand can produce better results.Often building or layering text ontop or around an image it isn't necessary to remove white.

4. bigpoketz

bigpoketz

thx guys the problem with your suggestions is I'm a mac head so all of the programs u suggest r 4 pc "stinky" users LOL! i was just wondering if the mac version had a bug in it. if any1 has suggestions on mac photo editing pgrams,besides photoshop holla back!!! Thx alot u guys r the gurus!!!

5. KD-did

KD-did

Laughingbird loves his Mac and will probably be able to give you the best answer. PM him through the forum.