Reloading Logo Cretor in Windows 8

Discussion in 'General Support' started by Rawben, May 6, 2013.

1. Rawben

Rawben

Computer crashed. Have new computer and found my downloads. Before I do this task is there anything I should be aware of when reloading the program on a new Windows 8 computer? Any problems or bugs anyone had?

2. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

BACK UP YOUR DOWNLOADS ONTO A THUMB DRIVE BEFORE YOU EVEN INSTALL THEM!

There is one known bug with the most current shapes library-- once everything is reinstalled, DELETE IT!

3. Rawben

Rawben

Am I going to need to delete the BUG on the download and the installed version?

How do I know what library to delete?

Do you know if I can download and store on an external hard drive or do I have to have the main program on my computer?

Thanks!

4. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

The EXE file and a few other folders can be anywhere.

The logo elements, and logo libraries HAVE TO BE in the laughingbird documents directory in your library folders... The location of These 2 folders is non negotiable, really. Even Chuck Norris has his in the same location..... ssssss.JPG

5. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

forgot about the delete thing: Yes look for the shapes file with the 2 little gears on it. I recommend just deleting it, which is recommended by Big Bird. In the example here I changed the name. The size is 2.98MB. I can tell you how to use the shapes folder from version 4.0 or 5.0 of TLC if you want.....
    shapes.JPG

6. Rawben

Rawben

Ok, thanks for the above! I've got everything done but the GEARS above. Why and I doing this? LOL

Also, I have 6.0 and 6.6 loaded on my computer. When I go into 6.6 the mascots are showing on the pull down menu, but when I click on them, they don't come up. BUT, in the 6.0 they do. Any advice?

7. Rawben

Rawben

I have 15 gear folders - delete them all?

8. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

NO! DO NOT DELETE THEM ALL!!!!

Just delete the shapes folder.

Rawben likes this.