recreate lettering

Discussion in 'Help wanted with my design' started by Skitzo, Sep 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skitzo

Skitzo

I'm having problems with lettering. The school I work for has been rebranded "The Bearcats" and I am trying to come up with different lettering styles for possible promotional products. I've attached a picture of some lanyards - the "Team Bautwell" lettering is something I'm trying to recreate but having no luck. It also happens to be our school colours (red, black and white). Could someone recreate something like that only with "Acton Bearcats"? Or any other cool school lettering styles?

could you then tell me how to do it!!! I'm ok with the pictures but the lettering is odd - I guess I need more fonts and a lesson on how to manipulate them?

Thanks!!

Attached Files:

2. KD-did

KD-did

How is this?

3. Skitzo

Skitzo

That's cool too!! I think you turned me onto that varsity font before. I'm also trying for the same layout as that lanyard - where the ACTON is in the little black box above Bearcats.

I think the font for "team" is straight arial. But I can't find the other one they did the "baurtwell" in.

4. KD-did

KD-did

The "baurtwell" font to me looks like a commercial prismatic font that has 3 or parts per letter.

5. Chris

Chris Staff Member

GREAT! Job KD. That looks good...

6. Skitzo

Skitzo

Do you think you could change it to Acton rather than Action

7. Skitzo

Skitzo

Ok here's my problem. I type in my text (Bearcats) in red. Then I use the magic wand tool and select the text. At the same time I feather it our by about 9 and you see the selection I get in the graphic below. That's what I want!! I want to be able to take that graphic WITH the new selection (leaving the selected white around it) and drop it onto a black backgound; then do it again (select-feather) and drop it onto a white background. Then I will have that sporty lettering effect I want right?

BUT once it's selected (like you see in the picture), I can't copy and paste it... I can't flatten it and copy it...I can't do anything.. What am I missing?!?!? I am using Paint Shop Pro but Photoshop is basically the same.

Thanks!

Attached Files:

8. KD-did

KD-did

Just took a minute.

9. cybrnetico

cybrnetico Staff Member

any closer?

10. Chris

Chris Staff Member

Another shot at it.

11. Skitzo

Skitzo

Wow those are great - mac27 - you hit it right on the head. Now, HOW DID YOU DO IT!?!?! I'd like to be able to do this now, change the fonts up etc (ie. change Bearcats to 'impact' font). How did you get white and black border? What program did you use - could you share the steps with us?

Did you do it in TLC - if so, can you upload the tlc file?

12. Chris

Chris Staff Member

Thanks skitzo.

I used Xara Xtreme to do this with. Let me play with TLC and see if I can get the same exact effect for you.

13. Chris

Chris Staff Member

This is what I got in TLC. Is this what you want? If so the TLC file is attached for you to play with.

14. Skitzo

Skitzo

I can't seem to open the tlc document you attached. It gives the the error "This is not a logo document" weird....

I have some old xara products - I'll have to check out xara extreme. I think it looks a little cleaner than the tlc version. What do you think?

Could you upload the xara file -perhaps my software will open it.

15. russgri

russgri

Remove all the spaces in the filename and tlc will open it

16. Chris

Chris Staff Member

Hey skitzo if you are still wanting the xtreme file, PM me your email and I will send it to you.

17. Skitzo

Skitzo

Thanks for all your help - I figured it out. Now all I need is a bunch of ideas!! How would you all make this design "meaner"? Or what else would you do with it - it's a little basic. I still need to put the word "ACTON" in there somewhere.

http://www.actonhighschool.ca/13/new logo.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.