Really needing help with design

Discussion in 'Help wanted with my design' started by cblack, Oct 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cblack

cblack

I am really new to the software, but I am having trouble with a design. My logo will be for "Feel Music". I sort of want to use a "splash" of water. Or "water ripple". The software doesn't have any art for this and I am unable to find a "non-copyrighted" image that i can use.

I would appreciate any feedback.

cedric

2. KD-did

KD-did

Try a Google search for "public domain" and or "open source" water images.

3. Worlock

Worlock Guest

Something like this?
    I can probably create it if you give me a better description of what your needing :)
    You want it round? square? Wave? a water puddle look?

Attached Files:

4. Chris

Chris Staff Member

Here is a design I did with The Logo Creator a while back. Is this the idea you are looking for?

Attached Files:

5. Worlock

Worlock Guest

Heres another concept

Attached Files:

6. cblack

cblack

Warlock - your image

hey Warlock, I like the water drop image - I am trying to figure something similar but somehow relate the image to "music". Or I could just drop the title across the "drop".

I have attached an image of the cd cover that was done by discmakers (which really started my interest in the water ripple image).

cedric

Attached Files:

7. cblack

cblack

Chris - your image

thanks Chris, your image gave me an idea of having water drops that spell out "F -e -e -l" and the ripples would be spell out "M-u-s-i-c".

can this be done with the software?

Cedric

8. cblack

cblack

another idea

Chris' image gave me an idea of either having 4 drops that spell out "Feel" or 1 drop w/the word "Feel" and the ripples be the word "Music" or have a rippling music note(s)

can this be done with the software?

Cedric

9. Worlock

Worlock Guest

How about instead of a drop of water make the drops music notes? If you need an example let me know I can create one for you.

10. Worlock

Worlock Guest

Heres an example...And only an example:

Attached Files:

• ftm.jpg
      ftm.jpg
      File size:
      48.1 KB
      Views:
  11. cblack

cblack

to Warlock

yeah, i see where u're going w/this one Warlock - i do like the concept. i'd be happy if you could design one -

i found this and gave me another idea concept:
    http://www.logodesignforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2136

is there a way to have "Feel" standing in water and have the word "Music" mirrored underneath in the water ripple like in the link above?

this is just another concept because i really like yours as well.

by the way, i really appreciate you lending me your expertise.

cedric

12. KD-did

KD-did

Going out on a limb with a concept here.

13. cblack

cblack

thanks KD-did

wow you guys are fast and really good - i've had the software for a couple weeks now and have yet to come up w/anything close. I like the idea, but am thinking more along the lines of the water rippling like the above concepts.

i found this idea on one of the threads that i would like to try.

http://www.logodesignforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2136

14. Worlock

Worlock Guest

How about something along this line?

Attached Files:

15. Worlock

Worlock Guest

1 more concept I had in mind

Attached Files:

16. cblack

cblack

Worlock, this is it!!!

I've been trying to long to find this concept - you really nailed it!!! I am glad that I met you on the forum.

I really like this - you are very talented in the design area! If the music notes could be darker or bigger so that could show? would be perfect. (maybe black).
    I like the font that you used with the first logo,
    the mirror image would just be "Music" the word "the" could be taken, the image would be "Feel Music"

other than that, this is it!!!

the last concept is excellent as well - you make it hard to choose,
    could the word "Feel" be used in place of the music note? (i guess as the "drop" and some single music notes be sprinkled along the ripples and the word "Music" be the mirror image?
    i guess in my mind i see the word "Feel" drop into the water, creating the ripples/music notes - resulting in the the word "Music" (does this make sense?)

You could take out the word "the" it is just plain Feel Music

both these designs are execllent, don't which one to go with!!!

cedric

17. Worlock

Worlock Guest

Thank you for the compliments! Thats what creating is all about...opening ones mind to different possibilities for a graphic, And thats what I try to convey in my designs. Tell you what you can do for me to make this decision as well as the design a tad bit easier for both of us, Pick the 2 designs you like best, Pick the features you want and I will combine them to create your design, You can either PM me with the info or post it here and I will create the logo and send you the elements as well as the design by email to you, then you can arrange, change what you want to how you want it to be! Sound Good? Oh and my name is Phillip BTW! Pleased to have met you too :D

18. KD-did

KD-did

If you are going to have printed materials you may want to consider a simpler design along the lines ......

19. Worlock

Worlock Guest

Heres a combo of the 2 ( kinda) took the out... where it says "Just Music" .... And added the black notes in a different style.

Attached Files:

20. Topcatz

Topcatz Guest

feeling music

I'm glad you solved it.
    I was playing around and tried animation. Then converted to Jpeg...Not happy with results...........am atchng jpegs, the animations are linked below
    El Gato

http://alogo4u.com/FEEL-MUSIC.html

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.