Real Estate Logo

Discussion in 'Help wanted with my design' started by dollface, Jun 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dollface

dollface

I added to my logo design a photo of swooshes, The problem I am having is the photo of the swooshes has a white background, I have saved it as a png transparent but the white background still shows up.

If you have swooshes that would look nice if front of the company name or any other idea, I would appreciate it very much. I don't want any house photos since I specialize in ag properties.

Thanks.
    I have attached a test example... of my logo

Attached Files:

2. Zipper

Zipper

Hi Dollface, I am assuming that you are using TLC, if so have you tried using "modify > remove white background" this should get rid of your white background.
    Hope this helps...

3. dollface

dollface

I tied Modify, did not remove

I did try modify and remove the white background of the swooshes photo, it works but then swooshes are distorted.

I tried to add swooshes similar to the photo but there are none like the ones like in the photo.

If I use a white backgroun I am o.k. if I change background colors then the white shows up.

Thanks

4. Zipper

Zipper

If you can post the photo of the swooshes, I'll see what I can do, no promises...

5. Zipper

Zipper

Save this and see if it works....

Attached Files:

6. dollface

dollface

Photo

I have attached the photo, I don't think it uploaded right, I'll try again..

Attached Files:

7. Zipper

Zipper

Replace this in TLC, you may still need to "remove White background, See if this works for you...

Attached Files:

8. Zipper

Zipper

It's 11PM here in Michigan, past my bedtime, hope this works...

Good night...

9. dollface

dollface

logo uploaded

No, it's close logo not clear and one of the swooshes is missing and white spots in the lettering are showing up.

I have attached files, I was not sure you could open the one I sent earlier.

Thanks

Attached Files:

10. simple

simple

due to the original source of the swooshes containing a white background when saving as transparent this will always happen . obtain one transparent swoosh like the one below without a white background.... import it into the logo creator via file > import image the swoosh will now appear .... left click on the swoosh then click on modify in the tool box followed by duplicate element 4 times you will now have four swooshes that you can change the individual colours and sizes of and when saved as a transparent png it will remain transparent ... hope this helps .

[​IMG]

11. Zipper

Zipper

Thanks Simple. I thought my try would work as it usually does for me. Sorry Dollface, try simples simple solution and see if it works...

12. dollface

dollface

Thanks

Zepher and Simple, thanks for all your help.. this does work, another problem I am having is finding a similar swoosh as the one in the photo I uploaded. If you notice the shape of the swoosh is different than the one Simple sent to me.

I like the ones in the example phote I sent in, do you know where I might find them on internet?

13. KD-did

KD-did

Try layering the same swoosh exactly on top of itself 2 or 3 times...so when you strip the top layer (removing white background) there is enough of the swoosh element left to be seen.

14. simple

simple

try it on this one aswell it may give you a better result

[​IMG]

15. awalck

awalck Staff Member

Hi Dollface. Attached are transparent png files of your swooshes, let me know if the color doesn't match well or if you want different colors. Easy to change. One is @ 200dpi and one @ 300dpi. I tried it in TLC 5 and it was transparent, so let me know if it doesn't work for you. Enjoy. Also, let me know if you would like them as individual swooshes.

Attached Files:

16. dollface

dollface

Swooshes

I am sorry I never got back sooner but have been busy, I truly appreciate the swooshes you sent me, I downloaded both and placed them on a black background but the white background of the image still shows.

I have tried about everything and no luck.

Thanks again

17. Topcatz

Topcatz Guest

swooshes

I just moved them (awalks) around and they were perfect....
    When you downloaded them what format did you save them in?
    TC

18. awalck

awalck Staff Member

Hey TC, thanks for testing the image - I appreciate it!

Dollface, here's a screen shot of using a black background and importing the file "DF01_200dpi.png" that I posted. I hope we can solve why you are not getting a transparent image. Let us know if we can help you further.

Attached Files:

19. Worlock

Worlock Guest

Make sure the file is being saved as a "PNG" and not a jpeg is one thing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.