Question RE: Free Logo Creator Goodies

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator' started by CaseyVA, Jan 15, 2008.

1. CaseyVA

CaseyVA

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Question: In the footer of most of the forum pages I see this message:[/FONT]​

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Make sure to check out the free logo creator goodies in the Active Members area
    (you'll need to post XX times in order to see this section!) [/FONT]
    When I click on it it takes me to the page to purchase the software and if I click on the same link at the bottom of that page it brings me back to the forum...

Am I missing something or is this just some older functionality that hasn't been updated?

:image25:​

2. Chris_Houg

Chris_Houg Staff Member

I don't think that link is meant to take you to the active area, but, instead instead link to the product that it's referring to.

If you go to the board index, scroll down some, you'll see a new forum area you can now access after you've reached the xx posts.

3. KD-did

KD-did

You must log out and log back in after reaching the set number of posts,

4. Randy...

Randy... Guest

Marc (Laughingbird) might as well just open that area up to everyone, because at one time it was meant to be a reward for those members who posted good, solid information or helped others within the forum.

Now, it just promotes members to go down the list of threads and post useless "Thank you" or "Job well done" just to get their post counts up to unlock that area.

5. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Agreed Randy.
    Let's open this up to registered members only.

'lurkers' won't see it. if they register in the forum, the "Active Member" area will magically appear.

I'm not quite sure how to do this (make something appear only to Registered users), so give me some time to tinker with this.

CaseyVA; I hope the above comments helped!
    I'm working on REworking my websites for better clarity :)

- Marc

6. CaseyVA

CaseyVA

Thank you Marc and everyone that replied. Glad my question sparked a little debate.

:image10-1:

7. aricross

aricross

How many posts do you have to have to see the section?

8. Chris

Chris Staff Member

That is a secret. Making just random post to get to the section is not a great idea either. :D

9. Chris_Houg

Chris_Houg Staff Member

Nor is replying to posts that are 4 years old esp if they have links in them to things that don't work any more or people that were asking for comments on logos 3 years ago.

There's nothing more annoying that checking messages and seeing 20 some replies to very old posts that aren't relevant any more.