Question about file formats and Logo Creator

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator' started by fwsocks, Mar 12, 2009.

1. fwsocks

fwsocks

I couldn't find anyone to call and ask this question to so ....here it goes. I'm interested in purchasing The Logo Creator but want to know: what are the file formats that will I be able to save my logo in?

I need something that will save a logo in EPS Vector format or (possibly something equivalent) so that the logo has the ability to be greatly enlarged & printed in very high quality. I couldn't find anywhere that tells me what file formats the logo may be saved in. I'm also wondering about the ability to have the logo saved in: EPS, TIFF, JPEG, PNG, and GIF. Any Info would be appreciated because it looks like a cool and fun product, but I need some questions answered first before I purchase......

2. KD-did

KD-did

You will be able to "export" in the following formats jpeg,gif, transparent gifs, tiffs, PNG, transpaent png,BMP and PDF. You can also change the resolution up to 1200 DPI. At this time there isn't an EPS option .

3. 3DS

3DS

If you wanted to save your logo/project in vector format, you will need to redraw (by hand) or trace (live trace) the image in Adobe Illustrator and resaved as a .ai, .ait, .eps, .svg or .svgz file.

4. fwsocks

fwsocks

Thanks for the quick responses!! So I would have plenty of options for high quality print correct? Sounds like it!

5. MrSlate

MrSlate

As a graphic artist. it is nice to have a package such as TLC for quick and dirty ideas and mockups. But to be a serious Logo design tool, there MUST be an option to save as a vector file format as most print houses need in order to print high quality logos for Pens, Cards, Mugs, T-shirts ect. Exporting as SVG or EPS would really move TLC into a powerful program.

But maybe that isn't the software producer's intent.

Converting a logo using Adobe Illustrator and Live Trace is very daunting and the outcome is not what you get when creating a logo using a Raster program such as The Logo Creator.

So this is a suggestion for future versions of the Logo Software, which I do like by the way...