Quesiton

Discussion in 'Logo Designs' started by Skitzo, May 22, 2008.

1. Skitzo

Skitzo

I was looking at some vector backgrounds online and I keep noticing the same theme over and over. It's a kind of sunray design. What is the proper name for this? How are people making it? Is it some sort of tube? It's EVERYWHERE. Here's an example below.

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Lamo1graphic

Lamo1graphic

here is something i did using that method i can tell you i did it in adobe fireworks

Attached Files:

3. Skitzo

Skitzo

How did you do it? Is it a tube of some sort? If Marc reads this - how about a cool Poster creator that can import vectors? That would be awesome!!

4. Lamo1graphic

Lamo1graphic

what exactly do you want to do!!!!,or use it for!!!

5. 3DS

3DS

hey skitzo. yeah i've seen those "floral" themes way more than the "sunray" designs lately. but you're right, it is a pretty popular design...so are the "ribbon" designs now that i think about it.

everyone is mostly using illustrator for this sorta thing. I can think of 2-3 ways to create those "rays" from off the top of my head. it's all about getting creative, and there's more than one way to do just about anything!

the first and easiest way i'd do that is to first create the bg color (w/ gradient as shown), then create a single "ray" w/secondary color as a fill (no stroke shown, optional), pick the center point and create an "array" by duplication, re-position & resize it as neccesary, use it with other layers in your composition - voila! dishes are done!

the floral designs take much more time to make by hand btw. the rays are easier imho.

well, there are a few other tricks to use in illustrator too.

6. KD-did

KD-did

The rays and plants can easily be done in TLC using the dingbat font "Half SunBurst" for the rays and any number of plant or flourish themed fonts.

Rays can be downloaded from
    http://www.abstractfonts.com/font/11913

7. 3DS

3DS

KD comes thru again with dingbats!

Another ez way to bring into Illustrator and use the Trace tool to creat a path, and just fill in your path with any color or gradient of your choice. Export it, Bingo...you got vector sunrays!

Thanx KD!

8. 3DS

3DS

9. aricross

aricross

I have seen it called sunburst, sunrays, fireworks, lightshow and a few others...it does seem to be very popular.