Problems with colorization

Discussion in 'Raves and Rants' started by justkathy5, Oct 10, 2003.

1. justkathy5

justkathy5

I feel stupid. This worked just fine in the 2.6 download I had many moons ago.

When trying to re-color an element such as a swoosh, it grays out and will not take a new color. It just changes to darker or lighter shades of gray depending on the color I'm trying to change it to.

For example:

I'm trying to change a preinstalled red swoosh to navy blue. It ends up a uniform dark gray no matter what I try to do with it. None of the color palettes work to change it, nor do the HEX or RGB input areas. Gradient doesn't work either.

I've tried this six ways to Sunday, and read this entire forum, and even though this question has been posted several times, there has been no resolution. Is this just a limitation of the product? If so, why did it work in 2.6 and it doesn't work now?

I'm pretty disappointed. The logo elements aren't doing me any good if I can't re-color them, so I may as well go back to PSP and Illustrator.

I LOVE Logo Creator. But I hate that this part of the product doesn't work correctly.

Has anyone solved this or developed a workaround? If I have to draw my own graphics from scratch, this software is pointless. Thanks.

2. avi8trgal

avi8trgal

Color change problem

I too have had this problem and am hoping it will change with a newer update .... It is indeed frustrating to have such a wonderful product to work with and have limited capabilities that seem so minor...

Let me know if you find out any answers....

Best of Luck......

3. SlartyUK

SlartyUK

Colour Change

As yet I have not seen a proper fix for this even in 3.5.
    however if you save your logo, before adding the new element then re-open it add the new element, it will let you change the colour correctly

4. Lats

Lats Staff Member

That's a brilliant workaround Slarty :35:

Thanks for sharing.

5. Elect

Elect

not working for me

I saved my logo before adding the element (orb or swoosh) I wanted to color change. I closed the logo and re-opened it and i have the same problem after I add the element I want to change. Did you exit the program and then re-load the saved logo file?

6. Lats

Lats Staff Member

When I tried it, I just added the element straight after the save, and it worked.

7. Elect

Elect

object elements still darken

Lats,

I save and then try to change the color of an object, but it still darkens and looks "dirty". Am I missing something? This is the only problem I have with the software. I have the value pak and 3.5 update. The text color is fine.

Thanks for the help.

8. Lats

Lats Staff Member

I haven't gotten around to having a good install of 3.5 as yet, but that procedure definately worked in the previous version.

Perhaps someone else can confirm.

9. pakman

pakman

Anyone know what version caused greyscale problem?

Anyone here know what version caused the greyscale problem to start occuring?
    Just purchased all sets and installed 3.0 but once I do an autoupdate It updates all between 3.0 and 3.5 (not inclusive of course) and that is where the problem started. SO I re-installed my v3.0 and am using that.

I have tried the "get around" but that does not work for me. So it is either a difference in our systems or a difference in our installed TLC modules that allow the get around to work for some of you.

My system is:
    XP/PRO with service pak 1
    512 mem (not that this matters, I have used TLC on 128 and either it works or it don't . :)
    AMD 2100 CPU.
    1.74 GHz
    ... oh and I have 5 kids running around once in a while... but cannot blame the effects that has on TLC output... (just kidding...):6:

PakMan

10. pakman

pakman

Is color fine with swooshes for valuepak?

Did you find the color to work for you elect? ... with valuepak ... that is a 3.5 (give or take) version. I have it installed in with my other 3.5 updates version directory and I still get greyscale?

... or were you just refering to the text color and NOT the swooshes and orbs?

In my v3.0 version directory files color works fine on swooshes changes.

Wonder if I should try valupak by itself without update 3.5?

Pakman

11. Elect

Elect

Just the swooshes and orbs. It's funny. Rarely some orbs from some set changes color correctly. I haven't isolated the circumstances. On one tlc file the some orbs are fine, but the swooshes aren't. Another tlc file no color change is correct.

I hope this is resolved soon.

12. Lunatic

Lunatic

Glad to see I"m not the only one with this problem, anyone find a solution for this yet?

13. KD-did

KD-did

Lunatic, upgrade to 3.6.1 really did improve the situation. I am really surprise to hear there is a problem. PM laughingbird.

14. Silver

Silver

I just bought this softwoare yesterday and everything seemed fine until I tried to change the color of one of the swooshes. I am having the same problem I have found here. The color will not change to the approproate color. Any I can do. Help is appreciated!

15. KD-did

KD-did

Silver, there have been a few that have mentioned color issues here in the forum and hopefully the more information we can give Marc the easier a solution can be reached. What edition did you buy and what template were you trying to color. If we can get specific so apples are being compared to apples and oranges being compared to oranges a pattern can imerge and a solution reached. Being I bought all WIN editions and upgraded to 3.6.1... I would like to see if we have the same results . Rather than a program rewrite it may mean certain swooshes need to be duplicated but in a different color that can accept colorization better or maybe that there is a corrupt file somewhere in the download or the version.

Have you downloaded the 3.6.1 update?

16. Silver

Silver

Thanks for the reply. Yes I have downloaded the update and it made no difference. I was using the logo "Company Systems Incorporated" with the blue globe in the middle of two swooshes. The swoosh on the left is the one I was trying to make white. I think I had 3.1 before I updated.

Hope this helps.

17. KD-did

KD-did

Silver, I'll have to take a look at what edition that template is in and see what happens.

18. Silver

Silver

Thank you. Let me know if you need any other information as I would like to get this corrected.

19. KD-did

KD-did

Silver,Is it in the Hollywood edition??? If we are on the same page as I believe we are..... there is something about that template which doesn't accept colorization well. I was able in other sets find similar colored swooshes and color them white.

To the others with similar colorization problems I would like you to be specific as possible about exactly where you are having colorization problems. It will be a really be big help to Marc (laughingbird) to work on a solution for the problem.

20. Silver

Silver

I am still having colorization problems, sometimes even with the company name, but mostly the swooshes. Sometimes no matter what I choose with the ink dropper, I get gray. To be honest, I am not real happy with this new software.

Silver