Problems and no help

Discussion in 'Updating' started by Wayne Walker, May 21, 2014.

1. Wayne Walker

Wayne Walker

Has anyone had any issues regarding the animated gifs working? The animated gifs are not loading or even showing up. Also trying to save a copy of the ad that I created as a different name in order to modify it for a different purpose seems not to be an option. I've tried using the "revert" option but it doesn't work.

Also as anyone had any issues or problems getting any sort of support are any issues? I submitted three different request for help on this issue since last week and have gotten no response. Has anyone experienced the same thing?

2. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

The animated GIFS WILL NOT WORK IN ANY LAUGHINGBIRD PRODUCT! The animated gifs / swfs were produced by a different vendor and are designed to be used with websites, and other such web pages, they were included with the animated characters as a "freebie of sorts"... Stick with the animated SWF's.

When you install the animated characters, the installation program puts both file types into your logo elements folder. Please move the GIF folder outta there (Don't delete the folder just drag and move it somewhere else on your computer)--- the GIFS do not work with the logo creator.

ABOUT YOUR SUPPORT QUESTIONS: All Admins and moderators here on the forum are volunteers. Laughingbird Software is a small privately owned company-- but it's been on the scene for over 12 years!

We tend to log on in the morning and afternoon west coast time, so like now for example, I'm providing support less than 30 minutes after you posted-- you won't get that from *icrosoft!

I get notified on my cell phone every time a post is made in the forum, that is probably the quickest to get help quickly.

There are other options for support as well: the help tickets you spoke about, the forum, THE NEW CHAT ROOM, and If I have the time I provide REMOTE ASSISTANCE--- totally free--- I take over your computer and fix things while you sit back and watch.

animated.JPG
    Attached is a pix on how the installed animated folders look on my computer....

Last edited: May 21, 2014
    KD-did likes this.
  3. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

Customers complain about the lack of support, it's fact of running a business. As opposed to larger companies with support people in Bangalor India, the vast majority of support for Laughingbird is provided by a few admins, moderators, and Marc (the owner), that's it.

Marc is the only one with the power to provide links to redownload the software, and look up orders and emails from years ago..

One thing I try to educate customers about is how to get a faster response by providing the following information:

1. What OS are you using (MAC or Windows) for example.
    2. When did you download the software? This is pretty important because the download links from when you make your purchase do not last forever.
    2B. Where did you purchase the software? Through the main website, or through a 3rd party affiliate?

3. What exact software are you having issues with?
    4. Can you locate your original, downloaded zipped files?
    5. Do you know how to locate the "Laughingbird Documents" library?

You provide that info from the get go, and I can personally fix over 90% of issues.

Quite often the requests for help begin with "My stuff don't work, help!!!"

KD-did likes this.
  4. KD-did

KD-did

Let me make a suggestion to you. Do a search of the forum before writing emails and getting upset. A simple search for "gifs" would have provided you with the information that you needed....that Laughingbird products can't use the gif file format at this time. It isn't necessarily easy to see currently but I will request a change so it will standout more.
    http://www.laughingbirdsoftware.com/forum/search/740177/?q=gifs&o=date

search button.jpg search button2.jpg

Last edited: May 21, 2014
    gcuneo2 likes this.
  5. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

The swf's work great however! This was a quick sample I made after getting them...

gcuneo2 likes this.
  6. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

Oops! Sorry. That example above was made outside of TLC. I've managed to delete the one I made with TLC. But the swf's do work great!