Problems after upgrading to 6.8

Discussion in 'Questions or troubles updating' started by Alan (aka Anoor), Jan 18, 2014.

1. Alan (aka Anoor)

Alan (aka Anoor)

Yesterday I bought the "product Poppers" and followed the instructions which included upgrading to ver 6.8.

Before upgrade I had the following:
    Business Card Creator
    People Pak
    Mascots
    3D Characters
    Animated 3D Characters

After upgrading to 6.8 only the4 following are showing, I have checked "logo Element" file and all the required folders are there but now only the following are showing:
    Business Card Creator
    People Pak
    Product Popper

Rest of the original products have disappeared. Any ide what the problem might be? If someone has had the same problem and a solution then I will be happy to hear about it. I did a search but did not find a solution.

I am using 64 bit PC with Win7 Professional 64 bit

Alan

2. KD-did

KD-did

Did you do the install of the V6.8? Not as if part of V6.6 but handled as if a stand alone?

Attached Files:

3. Alan (aka Anoor)

Alan (aka Anoor)

Yes I did and the system reported saying there is older version which needs to be uninstalled and I accepted the prompted alert.

Later I tried to uninstall all versions and re-install but could not find anywhere I can uninstall version 6.8

4. Svend Erik Hansen

Svend Erik Hansen

Yes Marc I bought the Popper and can't get the animated background and elements either, yes I upgraded, yes I have tried contacting Marc for the past week...

5. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

What OS are you using? When did you purchase the add ons? Do you still have the original download files? Do you know how to find your Laughingbird documents folder?

6. Alan (aka Anoor)

Alan (aka Anoor)

My OS is 64 bit Windows 7 Professional I raised this issue in January (6 months ago,) I am no longer going to purchase anymore upgrades and just use what I can work with at this present time.

7. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

Hey Alan, sorry to hear you are having problems. Stick with us and we'll see if we can get you sorted out. You'll really love the program, once it's working for you!

Try reading through this help file. It has a lot of good information.

Then go through these threads and see if anything helps.
    http://www.laughingbirdsoftware.com...a-product-popper-swf-into-your-website.12030/
    http://www.laughingbirdsoftware.com/forum/threads/assets-from-previous-editions-of-tlc.12161/

If not, post back and let us know the specifics of what is happening and what is going wrong. We'll get to the bottom of it, eventually...
    :gunsmoke:

Attached Files:

gcuneo2 likes this.
  8. Svend Erik Hansen

Svend Erik Hansen

Yes I know how to find my download folder, so what do I do with it?

9. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

Reinstall the last FULL VERSION OF THE LOGO CREATOR (6.0 OR 6.6), then DO THE UPGRADE TO 6.8.

gunsmoke likes this.
  10. Svend Erik Hansen

Svend Erik Hansen

Yes that worked 80% but elements are only showing 1/3 picture and there is a red alert box message saying on the canvas section "An image for this template cannot be found.
    Please delete this element"...with a big ?....

11. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

LOOK ON YOUR ENTIRE COMPUTER AND DELETE THE FOLLOWING FILE:
    YOU PROBABLY HAVE MULTIPLE COPIES OF THIS FILE, DELETE THEM ALL!

DS_STORE

In you search box type this: *.DS_Store (JUST COPY AND PASTE THE BLUE STUFF)

It's a file tha MAC computers use, but windows don't.
    It causes stuff just like what you are describing.

12. Svend Erik Hansen

Svend Erik Hansen

Deleted 61 *.DS_Store but exactly the same problem????

13. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

First, check that your 'zoom' level is 100% and not greater. Your screen DPI should be 96.
    Go to your Control Panel and select 'Display'. May look a little different from my picture. Check these settings.
    [​IMG]

Next question would be what 'Theme' are you using in windows? Some play nice with graphics, and some do not. I'm on another forum ( web design ) where users are always running into display problems on windows after they change the theme to something 'not quite' compatible. You might try changing your theme if the setting above don't fix your problems.

'An image template cannot be found' is usually caused by your files not being in the location Laughingbird is looking for them. Did you go through the help file I sent before and double check your directories that Laughingbird products use? These have to exist and cannot be changed.

After going through all this, post back and let us know what it looks like. We'll get it figured out . . .

gcuneo2 likes this.
  14. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

15. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

We could do REMOTE ASSISTANCE, AND I COULD JUST FIX STUFF FOR YA.

will have to look at a bunch of stuff, like your download directory, your system registry, stuff like that. Please put all your laughingbird downloads in one folder on your desktop, it will save a bit of time.

Also run a complete virus scan of your entire computer--- it may take quite a while.

ALSO: DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL: 7 ZIP (IT'S FREE)... http://www.7-zip.org/

I can see if you have downloaded the correct files, checkout if your document libraries are set up correctly, copy element libraries from older versions of the logo creator into version 6.8, and capture screen shots of where all your Laughingbird stuff is actually installed, even delete and reinstall your software (if your original downloaded files are still on your hard drive. Don't worry though, the first thing I do is make a backup copy of all the logos you have created, and all templates and add on paks. I will also backup your system registry right before I do anything related to your laughingbird software.

You can do it easy-peasy!

Before you make changes to a registry key or subkey, we recommend that you export, or make a backup copy, of the key or subkey. You can save the backup copy to a location you specify, such as a folder on your hard disk or a removable storage device. If you make changes that you want to undo, you can import the backup copy.

• Open the Registry Editor by simply typing REGEDIT, WHILE ON THE WIN8.0 LIVE TILE SCREEN, and then SELECTING IT FROM WHAT POPS UP.‌
      • NAVIGATE TO "COMPUTER"
      • Click the File menu, and then click Export.
      • In the Save in box, select the location where you want to save the backup copy to, and then type a name for the backup file in the File name box.
      • Click Save.

Why am I willing to do this? I believe in the products Laughingbird software uses, and I just really enjoy helping customers.

I am also a volunteer, I don't get any $$ from Laughingbird software.

Once this is figured out: Please back up all your stuff! Attached is what my backup files for the logo creator look like. I keep them on a thumb drive, a sd chip, the cloud, and another HD. When I need to reinstall stuff I just copy it from my back ups. All my original downloads, all the folders after installation, and my Laughingbird Documents are backed up.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2014
    gunsmoke likes this.
  16. Charles Mathis

Charles Mathis

I am also having the same issue that svend eric hansen has the1/3 picture and there is a red alert box message saying on the canvas section "An image for this template cannot be found. this happens when I try to load up a template from the stock logo templates section.
    I can start a new template and work with that with no problem. but the popup box comes up unable to save template. this causes the program to freeze once in awhile. I have deleted the *.DS_Store file as well with no good results.
    I have also put in a support ticket last sunday and no one seems to be working on that. I have had no response with that as well. now trying the forums maybe some one is working here. would like to get this fixed. because I really like the program. thanks charlie

17. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

Hey Charles, sorry to hear you are having problems. Are you on a PC or a MAC ?

Have you read through the help file ? Have you tried to re-install ?

Attached Files:

18. Charles Mathis

Charles Mathis

I am on a pc windows 7 I have reinstalled multiple times... used ccleaner to clean things up changed the folder for the saved logo's and still have the problem.... seems like the logo templates dont have the correct file path to show up in the software. I will read the help file . and thanks for responding... first response I have had since I opened a ticket on sunday. thanks charlie

19. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

Sorry again for the problems. Marc is a 'one man' company and is VERY close to releasing some new software and is putting in some long hours. The forum really is the best place to get help.

It sounds as if you are correct and the path is just not right. I know you said you've installed multiple times, but I'm wondering, um, how ??

What I mean by that is that is sounds as if you may have not downloaded the complete file. I would uninstall everything. MAKE SURE YOU BACK UP ANY LOGOS YOU'VE CREATED!

Then got to jvzoo or where ever you downloaded from, and download the complete file again and install from that.
    http://www.laughingbirdsoftware.com/forum/threads/support-hotline.10408/

Don't change any paths from the defaults, just install it straight and see what happens.

Did you purchase and download the complete latest version 6.8? Or did you have an earlier version installed and then upgrade to 6.8? If so, what version did you upgrade from? This does make a difference if you upgraded from a version prior to 6!

gcuneo2 likes this.
  20. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

You simply will have to reinstall the program from your original download files. What is happening is that there is a problem with the thumbnails that show up in the pull down menus. FIRST BACK UP YOUR LAUGHINGBIRD DOCUMENTS FOLDER THEN MANUALLY delete your laughingbird documents folder, then reinstall EVERYTHING.

You will have to reinstall v 6.6 first, make sure it works (like all the logos and any add ons show up) then do the upgrade to 6.8......

NICE TO KNOW:

Sometimes it is related to having a bunch of anti virus programs running-- I had 5 running once just to see what would happen: It can also be a permission issue with the main EXE file-- if you need help with that let me know.....

gunsmoke likes this.