problem?

Discussion in 'Raves and Rants' started by Sleath, Jun 26, 2008.

1. Sleath

Sleath

I am having problems with TLC, it worked fine an hour ago, now every time I try to open it it tells me this:
    [​IMG]
    any help would be greatly appreciated. :image09:

2. KD-did

KD-did

Director Player is the engine used for TLC and other applications... you might want to start by running a antispyware/malware application as they will change a file name ever so slightly and TLC can not find a specific file by a specific name. You might also benefit from a cold rebooting of your computer.

3. Sleath

Sleath

I just restarted my computer, it still wouldn't work, so I uninstalled it and reinstalled it again. So is it some kind of spyware?

btw, whats a cold reboot?

4. Chris

Chris Staff Member

What OS are you running? Windows XP, Windows Vista, or are you on a MAC?

5. KD-did

KD-did

Did you delete the TLC folder in the "Program Files" on you computer before attempting a reinstall? Did you get a fresh download before re-installation (or fresh installation off the CD)?

The error can be caused by spyware... but there is no way of knowing for sure but it is always a good idea to check.

A cold reboot is when you turn your computer completely off and then turn it back on. A "warm reboot" is when you never power down and it doesn't always accomplish the same things because the memory isn't totally cleared.

I run both platforms..Win XP and Mac osx.

6. Chris

Chris Staff Member

Also did you do an upgrade before this error started? Also what version of TLC are you running now?