Problem with retail box of Expansion Set Vol 1

Discussion in 'Raves and Rants' started by FixitMad, Feb 9, 2005.

1. FixitMad

FixitMad

Hi,

I recently purchased the Logo Creator Expansion set Vol 1 from CompUSA (as of yesterday) and I am unable to view the additional addons the program was supposed to install. The AutoRun of the CD works because the program comes back indicating it cannot find the location of Logo Creator 3 files? I tell the program where to go and then it installs fine. Under Logo Creator v3.5 in the drop down box I see Expansion Set 1 listed but when I click it, nothing happens. The Large window on the right is empty. I currently do not have any other addons and I'm wondering if I need anything else to make this work?

The box of the Expansion set indicated it needs Logo Creator v3 installed. I do have the retail version of Logo Creator v3 also purchased from CompUSA. I am still having issues with the Logo Creator v3.6 update so I am sticking with v3.5 for now.

Is there a list somewhere of "where" files should go? I looked under orbs and no extra orbs were installed nor was any objects installed like the box said.

I am lost so I'll wait to hear from someone. Thanks! : o_please

2. KD-did

KD-did

This is where my retail version of Expansion Set Vol 1 was installed. After installation I did a cold reboot even though I wasn't asked or told to do so.
    C:\Program Files\The Logo Creator v3\Logo Libraries\

3. FixitMad

FixitMad

Expansion Directory

Hi,

Thanks for that information. I looked and it appears that the expansion pack installed itself under C:\Program Files\The Logo Creator v3\Logo Libraries\Expansion Pack1\Expansion Pack1. I am writing this from work, so I may have missed the ending of the directory. I cannot remember if it says Expansion Pack1 or Expansion Pak1. Maybe I should delete everything and try again? According to the Box, this expansion set was made in 2004. Is there an update for the expansion pack?

4. KD-did

KD-did

You may very well benefit from a complete, FRESH re-installation.Start with uninstalling l TLC and Expansion packs. Do your download version/s first then add your retail version and then do the 3.6.1. update.

Be sure your machine is free of spyware/adware for best results.

5. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Hi Fixit.
    Katie is correct. A fresh install should do the trick.

However, the path:
    C:\Program Files\The Logo Creator v3\Logo Libraries\Expansion Pack1\Expansion Pack1

Isn't right.
    It should be:

C:\Program Files\The Logo Creator v3\Logo Libraries\Expansion Pack1

Can you manually move this? If so, that should help!

- Marc

6. FixitMad

FixitMad

Expansion Set Vol 1

Hi,

It appears I can move the files so far it seems ok, but I will do the complete uninstall and reinstall in the order described above. I was having problems with v3.6 but did not realize that there was two different versions of v3.6. v3.6 and v3.6.1. I downloaded the 19mb file and I will hopefully be able to complete the install of the XP1 pack.

Quick Question. Is there a way to keep all the Orbs, Swooshes, etc together in the dropdown area instead of under the Expansion Pack 1 area? Also, I was thinking about getting the Cartoon pack but I wanted to know how these "expansion packs" install. Do they install similar to XP1?

I would like to clean up my directories to also make it easier for me to find objects, etc easier instead of trying to remember if that particular object is under Expansion pack 1 area.

Thanks!

7. FixitMad

FixitMad

Complete Reinstall did the trick.

Hi,

Since I was having multiple issues, one of which was using the v3.6 update instead of the v3.6.1. I uninstalled everything relating to LogoCreator and I reinstalled. By the way, I'm using Windows 98se. Once I reinstalled the retail version of LC v3.3 and installed the v3.6.1 everything works in the program. I installed the Logo Creator Expansion pack and it still installed under a second directory under the program so I moved everything up one directory and it seems to work fine now. Is there a way to find out what my registration number should be? The retail box doesn't have any information on this at all and the update did not show me anything relating to my Code.

I've decided to move all the Swooshes and Orbs into the normal directories so I would not have to search for them.

I wanted to know, if I buy the add-on packs you have available (there are quite a few!) can I do the same thing in terms of moving objects, items into their own directories? I want to make sure I can do this before buying any addons. I want to make sure there is no "restrictions" on where I can move the files to. I prefer all objects (Swooshes, Orbs, items) in their own directores. Will moving the ojects "mess" anything up? Thanks to Marc and Katie for your help! :35:

8. KD-did

KD-did

FixitMad, when you order editions from the website you are given a keycode and an order number .The order number is used only to help track what you ordered in case you should need to redownload to put TLC on another computer, have a corruption or have a harddrive die. Usually once a TLC product is downloaded, unzipped and completely installed you will only have to use the keycode one time...even if you stretch out your purchases or have to get a fresh download after having to do an uninstall.

I do like the idea of objects being in their own directories....:) Being your order will be available for getting fresh downloads if a problem should arise why not just go ahead and do it.