Problem with Flash AD Creator

Discussion in 'The Flash Ad Creator' started by osiris2000, Nov 26, 2005.

1. osiris2000

osiris2000

Hi all

I would appreciate if someone could be of help. I have created a couple of Flash swf files with Flash Ad Creator. Now, when you export them it exports the .swf file and assets folder also.
    When i try to upload to a website I am creating for a friend I can only upload swf files and cannot upload the assets folder, therefore when running the webpage and viewing the Flash ad in it i see the original flash instead of the modified one i did for my friend obviously as i haven't uploaded the assets folder which it does not let me to, just the swf file.
    My question is:
    is it possible to export from Flash Ad creator with all contents as a single swf file?? and not as two separate things?
    also how can i create a single swf file from the ones created with Flash Ad Creator so i can use it on his website.
    Any further suggestions would be of great help.
    Remember site is a site builder and not an ftp directly so it does not let me upload extra files just swf files.

Thanks

Osiris

2. HyReZ

HyReZ

Greetings Osiris2000,

In order to get a single SWF file to post at your site, you will have to get the "native" file saved as an FLA and edit it in Macromedia Flash and then export it as a new SWF file.

You can goto Macromedia and download a free trial version.

Click on the link above and you will be trasported there. It is a huge download.
    I hope that you have a broadband connection or are connected to a server and can copy the file to CD to install later.

Good Look!

Peace,
    HyReZ

3. jamirae

jamirae

Osiris,

one quick thing that might work.. can you create an assets folder on the site and then upload the files that go into that separately?

I dont know about getting the FLA file. Unless there's a new version that exports the flash ad to FLA, I dont think that can be done with this. Have you been able to do that, HyReZ?

4. HyReZ

HyReZ

Greetings Jami,

When you download and install the updated Flash Ad Creator v1.5 it will create a folder called "Native Flash Files". Inside are the FLAs to every SWF template.

Peace,
    HyReZ

5. jamirae

jamirae

see, duh.. if I'd pay attention more to the new updates I wouldnt have had to bother you with the question!

thanks HyReZ!

6. osiris2000

osiris2000

Thanks

Thanks for your suggestions. Just checked the Native Flash Files folder and have about 60 ad_numbered.fla files
    i suppose it must be straight forward in flash mx right?
    also there was an rtf file and said this

Feel free to alter the files as you see fit.

However!

When you Publish them to .swf files, make sure the "Script.as" file is located in the same folder as the .fla file before publishing! The script.as file contains needed information that the Flash file reads in ... and exports to the created .swf file.

Confusing?
    Nah. Just publish the .fla file as you normally would, but make sure the "script.as" file is in the same folder as your .fla file before you do. :)

Anyways worth giving it a try and see how it goes
    HyReZ have youtried this yourself

and thanks to both of you HyReZ and Jamirae once again for your posts

Osiris

7. HyReZ

HyReZ

Greetings Osiris2000,

Now that you have the Native FLA files you can now enter the world of editing in Macromendia Flash. Flash is not easy to learn, but you dont have to "re-invent the wheel". You now have some working templates.

Most of you work will involve find the key frames of each of the text layers and editing the text. You can the play back the sequence to see how they look. They best test is by exporting to a SWF file and play it.

I am only a very few steps ahead of where you find yourself now.

My hope is to be able to take parts of some of the Natives and merge them with parts of other natives to produce some new templates.

Peace,
    HyreZ

8. osiris2000

osiris2000

thanks for reply

HyReZ

Flash seems complicated I have opened the .fla file butnothing happens remember i have 60 of them
    Maybe you can give me a small basic walkthrough to tell me how to do what if you can
    Thanks again

Osiris

9. HyReZ

HyReZ

Greetings Osiris2000,

You have Flash MX installed and you can load the FLA natives into editor. Now you can mouse over to the "Control" option and select "Play" or select the triangle button that is "Play" on VCR like controller. There are also "Pause", "Rewind", and "Forward" markings.

For more help you will have to goto some othe the better online Flash tutorials. I have listed some in the "Learning Flash" thread in this Forum.

Peace,
    HyReZ

10. HyReZ

HyReZ

11. smtener

smtener

being new to this I have v1.5 but can't locate the Native file. Can someone provide instructions.

thx

smtener

12. HyReZ

HyReZ

Greetings smtener,

The native folder is a sub folder to the Flash Logo Creator 1.5.
    If this fails you ,Do a file and folder search for: *.FLA and poll your hard drive for all its FLA files.

Peace,
    HyReZ

13. smtener

smtener

HyReZ

thx

14. osiris2000

osiris2000

Thanks

HyReZ Thanks again
    will look at the tutorial see how it goes
    will give it a try