Problem with background

Discussion in 'Help wanted with my design' started by sputknikoff, May 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sputknikoff

sputknikoff

I have a problem with importing an image that I want in front of another image but there is white broder around that image an when you bring the image in front of another image its square white around the image.It looks as though when you import an image its the object only but you also import the white background.the only way to work it into a logo is put it on the perimeter of the work,this really limits the look,any ideas?

2. Shelly

Shelly

Hi !

1, Have you tried remove white background in the TLC menu.

2, Some imported image formats will still leave a "white" border around the image, try changing the image format and see if that makes a differance.

3, If that all fails then have a look at your image in Paint and remove the white border.

3. Gravy

Gravy

Or import it by itself and then export it as a transparent .gif then reimport that file to use with what you are creating you will still have to "remove white backing' but it should come away clean.

4. MasterDesign

MasterDesign

Saving the image or object as a transparent .png file (especially a "cut out") to the hd and then importing it in TLC usually works fine for me, it's all in the preperation.
    :2cents:

5. KD-did

KD-did

If you have a choice of type of download WMF is another good option.

6. sputknikoff

sputknikoff

Thanks for all the good information folks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.