Problem opening saved logos

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator' started by flex22, Oct 16, 2007.

1. flex22

flex22

Ok, came here in a right old mood about not being able to open my saved logos or templates, lol.But I've just realized how to open them.If I double click the file to open, logocreator doesn't open the file, it just shows a white blank screen titled "untitled logo".
    When I browse for the file, choose the file, and then click "open" (ie: not double clicking) then the file opens fine in logocreator.

Seems strange why it would do this, but I thought I'd post in case anyone has this issue in the future, they can search for this post and find the solution.Oh and of course to make the designers of logocreator aware of this if they aren't already.

Thanks!

2. KD-did

KD-did

Make sure the "file association" is set up correctly and then your saved logo will open correctly.

Right click on the logo file, choose "open with" TLC ...tick the bottom box "always" and you will be able to open it by simply double clicking.

3. flex22

flex22

Ok, I'll do that, thanks!

4. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

If that doesn't work,
    launch The Logo Creator and choose OPEN from the FILE menu.

Find your '.tlc' file this way instead.
    Let me know if this works better for you.

- Marc

5. flex22

flex22

That's how I always do it, I always launch logocreator first, and choose OPEN from the FILE menu, as you say.Though I admit my wording in the first place may not have made this totally clear.
    My post was about opening a file from within logocreator, and that opening a file by double clicking it after browsing for it from within logocreator didn't work, but browsing for the file from within logocreator, choosing the file and then clicking the "open" button from within windows explorer opens the file fine.

And of course KD-did's suggestion works as well.

Birdy you must have thought I was trying to open the file before launching logocreator, so I appreciate your suggestion, but this isn't the case.

6. KD-did

KD-did

When you sent up a file association a double click will not only open TLC it will launch with the .tlc logo ready for work.

7. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

LOL.
    Sorry about that flex.

Re-reading your first post ... you said exactly that.
    I simply misunderstood. :image10-1:

KD - thanks for hitting this one.