Problem Logging In

Discussion in 'Hints and Tips' started by OldenGray, Jan 2, 2009.

1. OldenGray

OldenGray

I don't know if it's my computer or a glitch in the forum software, but I'm having one heck of a time logging in. When I do log in and try to post a message, somehow I immediately get logged off. THEN, to post the message, I get logged off again. What's happening? Is there some time allotted when I'm logged in and, if so, how do I change that to give me more time to write my message?

Thanks
    OG

2. Just Bill

Just Bill

The same thing is happening to me OldenGray. For about a week now.
    I thought It may have been my computer but I guess not.

3. Chris

Chris Staff Member

Hey guys do me favor. When you are logging in look up in the browser window and tell me if you have www.logodesignforum.com/forums or logodesignforum.com/forums in the address bar above? Also what browser are you using?

Also make sure you have cleared your cookies out. I do not have this problem so it could be a bad cookie on your end.

4. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

!!

GREAT point Chris!
    I wonder if the 'www' has anything to do with this.

My apologies guys for the log in trouble!
    I've been having some database errors and we're trying to fix them all.

Sometimes, I have two browser windows open (without realizing it) and both are pointing to the forum. Which could confuse things. ... maybe?

I'm hoping to get these glitches resolved.

Marc

5. Just Bill

Just Bill

Chris;

If you mean the address bar I'm getting www.

Most of the time I use Flock. Occasionaly IE, but not often.

Cookies are cleared automatically when I close browser.

6. OldenGray

OldenGray

I'm using IE7 and the url for this site is www.logodesignforum.com/forums.
    Now, I'm going to try to post this and see if I get kicked off, or not.
    OG

Seems to be working o.k..... for the moment.

Another edit:
    One time I had this car and it was not running well so I took it to the mechanic and it ran perfectly.

Another edit:
    I'm wondering if the problem cleared up when I deleted ALL cookies, temp files, history, etc.?? And then logged back on?

7. Chris

Chris Staff Member

Yes after deleting cookies it could have fixed it. You could have had a bad cookie. Your cache could have needed clearing etc.... It is not site wide is why I asked you to gentlemen to do this for me.

That is funny stuff about the car to the mechanic. HAHAHAHAHA

I went to the dentist because my jaw has been popping out of place and pops really LOUD for almost a month. Well the day of the dentist appointment guess what? You guessed it no popping at all. HAHAHA I hate when that C r a p happens.

8. Topcatz

Topcatz Guest

Joomla, hoomla!!

9. KD-did

KD-did

Did you deliberately log out before taking the actions you did? I can see where there could a difference in results between a deliberate logging out and an involuntary logging out. Just like there can be a different result between a warm reboot and a cold reboot.

10. Just Bill

Just Bill

All login problems seem to have disappeared for me. Whoever is responsible take a bow, and Thank You.:image28:

11. OldenGray

OldenGray

Yes, it would seem that the problem has been fixed. I logged in a couple of times today and had no problems. Thanks to the "fixers."
    :image28:

UPDATE: I dunno, it seems slower and when I tried to open a posting, I got a 404 error message. Could be that the database is still having some probs.

12. KD-did

KD-did

404 message usually is a page that can't be found... perhaps the page wasn't there or it was just taking to long to pull up . There was a cause to get the message. What were you trying to access?

13. OldenGray

OldenGray

I was trying to access a previous posting and, at first, I thought the computer had locked up. Got a white screen, so I got in the car, drove to Starbucks, got a latte, and drove back, by then, the 404 error msg. had popped up. So I backed out and retried... and it worked on the second try. I might still be at Starbucks as some cute female art students from Augusta State wanted to take my picture for a story on aging designers. I'm anxious to see how the story turns out. Anyway, alls well that ends well. Things are hunky-dory today.