Printing issues

Discussion in 'Techniques' started by Eagle1966, Aug 31, 2008.

1. Eagle1966

Eagle1966

Ok, I have been messing around with TLC and I wanted to test my logo for printing, but for some reason it's not clear and sharp, but more like blurry

I exported it at 300dpi, but I don't know why it's not clear and crisp

2. KD-did

KD-did

What file format did you export?Try exporting you logo as a PDF and then printing it. Printing issues can happen for many different reasons and have different solutions. Check your printer's settings, a text setting will usually will not print a logo as nicely as photo setting. While a logo with shadows looks fabulous on a web site it may cause a fuzziness when printed.

3. katej07

katej07

TIFF 300DPI not working for Printer

Hi, I am new to this site. I really enjoy the software but am having 1 big problem. I have been trying to Export my logo at 300dpi in TIFF format, then send it as an attachment to the graphics guy who is designing my brochure. Everything is ready to send to print, except the logo. He says that when he receives it it is not 300dpi. Is there anything else I can do besides changing it to 300 dpi in TLC that will make it actually come out at 300dpi?

Thanks A Million,
    Kate

4. Eagle1966

Eagle1966

Still problems

I did do the pdf and still it doesn't look good, everything looks blurry and I didn't even have shadows, except on the line on the bottom. I'll include it so you can see.

Attached Files:

5. Borpean

Borpean Staff Member

Eagel1966.

I responded to another post you made about the printing issue. As you will see I asked if you changed it to 300dpi and it looks as if you did.

What part of the logo is blurry to you? All of it? Even the text? Or is it just the orb.

If it's the text, then I am not sure why it's blurry. Text should print 'clean' at any size setting. The orb (or any other object), however, might look blurry depending on where you got it. Any image you grab should be high resolution to start with. For more info... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image_resolution
    going from small to large will cause fuzzyness no matter what the object is.

This is not a TLC issue it's simply the way of the print world even for software such as photoshop.

Another solution is to have your orb vectorized which will allow you to print at any size and is recommended for most logos. Try http://www.vikingarts.com/ or http://vectormagic.com/

6. exclusivevs

exclusivevs

Hi i am new to this as well, i am having troubles with my t-shirt printer who has said they cannot print my t-shirts because my logo even though is at 300dpi is to blurry to print to t-shirt size. I exported the image and set it at 300dpi. Why wont this work?:image09:

please help

Attached Files:

7. Borpean

Borpean Staff Member

Are you using JPG or PDf?

8. Eagle1966

Eagle1966

The problem is not setting the logo at 300dpi, or having it jpg or pdf, the problem is with the software producing rastered and not vectored. A friend of mine told me I would have to use Adobe Illustrator to take my logo and vector it so that the printer can effectively work with it, otherwise they really can't do much, and when you print it, it looks like trash.

9. exclusivevs

exclusivevs

Hi Jpeg.

10. exclusivevs

exclusivevs

Hi I dont even know what vector means sorry. And i dont have Adobe Illustrator :O(

11. Eagle1966

Eagle1966

Essentially changing a raster image to a vector image smooths it and allows you to change the size while keeping everything smooth just the way you want to see it. So no matter what size you change it to, you'll always have the highest quality in any scale. Go here for more information http://www.vikingarts.com/faq.html