Printing Error

Discussion in 'Raves and Rants' started by barusiec, Apr 4, 2004.

1. barusiec

barusiec

I am receiving the following error when I try to print from version 3.0:

"PrintOMatic MX error
    Error Code = 24"
    Please help!

2. KD-did

KD-did

barusiec, I believe your error code is actually generated from another program on your computer. A Mac program called
    "PrintOMatic MX".

3. barusiec

barusiec

Hmmm not sure about that. PrintOMatic seems to be installed in the LogCreatorv3/xtras folder. Should I just delete it?:confused:

4. KD-did

KD-did

No..don't do that. More information is needed for the developers to help you out.
    What is your:

Platform

Operating System Version

Processor

Installed memory

Were you trying to print from a "saved" file, an exported file or from a newly completed project.?

5. barusiec

barusiec

What is your:

Platform: Windows 98

Operating System Version: Second Edition ver. 4.10.2222 A

Processor: PIII

Installed memory: 384.0 MB RAM

Were you trying to print from a "saved" file, an exported file or from a newly completed project.? "Saved file"

Thanks!

6. KD-did

KD-did

I think if I understand you right you were trying to print out a TLC saved file. Try printing an exported file. It may make it easier for the printer to understand.

7. barusiec

barusiec

It doens't seem to matter how/whta I print. I get the same error :mad:

8. KD-did

KD-did

Are you running on a Mac or PC?

9. Lats

Lats Staff Member

10. KD-did

KD-did

Now don't[​IMG] I feel silly...

11. Draco

Draco

I have the same problem with 2 computers running on Win98SE, Pentium Celeron 700Mhz and 1700Mhz both with 128MB RAMs, one with Epson Stylus 200 Color Inkjet and the other on HP Color Laser printer 2500L.

On both pc, the same error message occurs.

I have been monitoring these your message threads posted by both users and administrators. However I noticed, there weren't any proper solution being posted with regard to this matter.

Installing XP is not my option to solve this problem although it works in XP.

Please, please, please provide a proper solution.

Thanks in advance

12. KD-did

KD-did

Draco, what maybe a problem that sounds the same may actually have different causes.
    What error code are you getting? Is it the same as above in this thread or are you getting the same error messagebut different than posted above?What version/s of TLC are you running (retail or download from Digital River)? Have you gotten the TLC update? Are you trying to print a saved or exported file?

13. Draco

Draco

The error message is the same as above on both of my computer (home & office), I'm using ver 3.5 (from internet.au magazine feb 2004 issue) and also have tried on the 3.5.1 update. Both seems to give me the same error message. (PrintOMatic MX Error, Error Code =24).

I liked the ease of creating business cards using TLC, now, I have to export it into a JPEG file, insert into MS Word, paste multiple, readjust margin to fit, and print.

The doubling work is pointless. TLC business card feature is just one click of a button isn't that great? Unfortunately, the error message as per above shows when I click OK to print. sigh....

Any good solution?

Regards

14. KD-did

KD-did

15. Draco

Draco

My MS Word works fine. Its just that for me to get the similar results, I had to export the TLC file (my business card) to JPEG file, thereafter from MS Word, insert pic from file, make multiple paste and readjust the margin, then print. Works this way, however there is a lot of work to be done to get the same result compare to TLC whereby all I had to do is just one click of the button.

As I mention earlier, from that magazine, the TLC version from the CD is a FULL program (non demo), version 3.5.

This is more of a technical program problem rather than types of Versions or platform that I am using. Both my home and office PC runs on Win98SE, barusiec's pc is running on Win98SE too. It seems to me TLC is not Win98 friendly. I've tested in my friend's XP and it works.

Again, installing XP is not my option.

Please recommend a SOLUTION rather than asking the type of OS/platform or processors that I am using, or the version of TLC being installed. This same question has been answered. If TLC is programmed to work on the platforms recommended (WIN98 included) then it should have worked. At first, I thought maybe my Epson Stylus Color 200 is too old a printer to be recognized. However, it doesn't work on my office HP Laser Colour 2500L printer either.

Obviously, something is not right and is there ANY way to solve this at all?

16. KD-did

KD-did

Draco, first off I would never suggest installing XP over Win98SE, I am not been a big fan of XP....There have been issues with addional editions in combination with the retail version . Some reported printing errors.

17. Draco

Draco

I'm glad you share the same interest with me on the XP issue.

Problems with combinations?? Hmm...The Full software from the Cd was version 3.5. I had tried that and received the same error message. I've also tried the update to 3.5.1. Same result same message.

What is this a permanent problem on ver 3.5 and 3.5.1? Does it mean I need to purchase "other" versions to really get it running without any hitch?

18. KD-did

KD-did

19. Draco

Draco

Ah, FINALLY, this works from my office. Now to try at my home pc.

Thanks a million.

I'm glad this finally works.

Regards

20. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Hi Draco, Barus and DC.

DumpCable is right, upgrade! :)
    I've fixed this printing issue with the newest release.
    http://www.thelogocreator.com/upgrade.html

However, I must say that it may be Windows '98 giving you the trouble.
    Even Microsoft has stopped supporting '98 - I've successfully installed XP over one of my old '98 machines and all has been well. It's incredibly SLOW, but it runs fine.

If anybody else is unable to print from The Logo Creator, then follow DumpCable's advise and try printing an exported Jpeg or PNG of your logo. Open up the logo in another program like the default Windows Paint program and try printing it.

Hope this helps some!

- Marc