Printing Business Cards

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by Lunatic, Jan 31, 2005.

1. Lunatic

Lunatic

When I try and print the business cards through the logo creator, it freezes (the logo creator) and I have to ctrl+alt+del to get it to close. It worked okay to print the letter head with the same logo, but for some reason won't print the business cards.

I have windows XP and have the newer version of logo creator. I've also spent all weekend browsing and can't really find anything about this. Could someone help....thanks in advance.

EDIT: Sorry I just realized that I posted this in the wrong forum. :NoNo:

2. KD-did

KD-did

Lunatic, no apology is needed because it is more important for you to post your question than where it is asked. .

I have notice such a situation if I asked for a preview first and then tried to print.Is that your case?

3. Lunatic

Lunatic

Yes that is the case. I'll try it right now without previewing it first.

4. Lunatic

Lunatic

My problem is with resizing. I have a logo, but it's WAY to big to fit on the card as it is. When I read the tutorial about business cards it just says to resize but I didn't read anything on how to resize. What is the best way to resize? Thanks in advance.

5. KD-did

KD-did

6. Lunatic

Lunatic

Yea that's the one. I think I made my logo too large. I'm trying with a new one that I imported from HP scan. Hopefully this one will work a little better. Will the size of the logo make a difference?

7. KD-did

KD-did

You should have no problem if you set things as she suggest for size and reolution, see her chart... and then just import your exported file into TLC as if a new image. onto a blank canvas.

8. Lunatic

Lunatic

So once I export the file, I then need to import it back for the changes to show up? I think I'm getting it. ??? Sorry if I sound like a retard.

9. jamirae

jamirae

Hey there Lunatic... what are you trying to resize the graphic (logo) or the business card? sounds like you want to resize the graphic so you can import it into a blank canvas on TLC and then start designing the business card with address, name, etc. is that correct?

if TLC is not letting you import the logo graphic at all, then you will need to resize it outside of TLC in another graphics package (PaintShop, Photoshop, etc). Once you scale it down then you should be able to import it without problem and begin designing your card around that.

does that help?

-Jami

10. Lunatic

Lunatic

yes I was trying to do a business card with the logo creator. The original logo I made was huge and only readable when it was large. Now that I found a smaller logo, i have made the adjustments needed for the business cards. Thanks for all your help. I should have some done this week!! (my logo isn't quite finished)

11. Lunatic

Lunatic

Now I'm having even more problems. For some reason when I try to add new text, it won't let me choose any color but white. The only way to see the text is to change the background color. Which I don't want to do. I click on other colors and it shows it that color, but when I click OK, it goes back to white. Anyone know what would cause this?

12. KD-did

KD-did

What OS are you?Have you updated to 3.6.1 if you are Windows?

Are you doing the work on the original TLC file,or on the resized exported file?

Work around: Try picking your color, then click on done...when it reverts to white do an undo under modify....it should revert to your color choice.

13. Lunatic

Lunatic

I'm using 3.6.1 and windows XP.
    This is the first time I'm having this problem. I've used the software before with no problems. What I ended up having to do was to change the background color, then the text color, then the background color back to white *sigh*. But it worked.

14. KD-did

KD-did

Perhaps it was just a fluke..have you tried again after a cold reboot?

Have you added anything new since you last used TLC? Have you checked for spyware?

15. Lunatic

Lunatic

I'm still having problems with colorizing the business cards. Everytime I try and pick a color it goes right back to white when i hit done. Tried the cold reboot and the undo. Neither work. Has this problem ever occured to anyone?

16. jamirae

jamirae

that is weird. I tried to recreate the problem but I could not. it works okay on mine. is the problem only with coloring text? and is it all text or just certain fonts?

17. Lunatic

Lunatic

Here's what happens to me. When i select something to change the color and click on the color, it turns grey if it had no color, or changes back to the color it originally was.

Example: I want to change something that's yellow to black. I click on it and then click on the color i want. It changes to black. Then I click on okay. It changes back to yellow. Now I've found that if I hit undo like three or four times, it ends up black. How the hell that happens, I have no idea.

18. gzusnme

gzusnme

color change problems

This has GOT to be a problem in the newest version of this software, however everyone tries to act like it's just user error or something, it's not! I have seen a LOT of people, including myself post this complaint, however it never really seems to get resolved. Someone needs to start checking into this and get it fixed. It is really more frustrating than you could ever understand if it hasn't happened to you, over and over and over and over again! Someone PLEASE RESOLVE THIS PROBLEM, PLEASE!!

19. KD-did

KD-did

I can certainly understand your frustration but in all fairness ....it is rather hard to figure out why maybe 5 or 6 users have a given problem in a group of several thousand registered users don't have problem. Is it a hardware problem, software conflict, a corrupt download or faulty CD problem. You have to be able to see some sort of pattern to be able to find a solution.

Have you tried to totally uninstall and get a fresh download or do a fresh reinstallation? Was everything okay and then it wasn't? Have you gotten an automatic download of an upgrade for your OS? Are you using a cordless mouse? Are you using a tablet PC for any part of your project? If you got a download are you DSL,dialup or satellite?

20. denhom

denhom

Try This

When you click Done and your item (likely text) changes to white or similar, do an Undo or two (Ctl-Z or under the Modify menu). That works; why, I don't know. Marc posted that note in another forum.