Printing Busienss Cards

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by bdv, Sep 1, 2004.

1. bdv

bdv

Finally have a logo worked out and business cards ready to print. Am now looking for the business card stock to print on and was looking at Avery Ink Jet Clean Edge Business Cards.

I note that these have a 6mm horizontal and vertical space between cards, yet there is no option in the Logo Creator to change these setting. The only options I can find are left and top margins?

Will these work with The Logo Creator or do i need special stock?

2. KD-did

KD-did

I have never heard of having to use special cardstock.

3. bdv

bdv

Thanks. I meant blank card..sorry :57:

So can you suggest anyway to get the business cards to line up with the spacing between the pre-cut cards?

4. KD-did

KD-did

If I were you I would either sacrafice a sheet of card stock or use plain paper and do a test run. In all the packs of business card stock that I have ever purchased was a plain paper template included.

Make sure your printer is set up to feed paper properly, fan the paper for smoother feed.

5. LogoManiac

LogoManiac

If the Avery sheets are perferated, what you can do is take ordinary paper(I assume card stock is 8.5x11) and measure/draw in where the perf lines would be. Then take that and run some plain paper copies so you can run as many tests as you need. This also allows you to change layouts and run further tests.

Work up your design(s), put in one of the test sheets you ran copies of, and run a test. Adjust your TLC file as need and rerun test. This way also lets you see where there might be bleed over if thats what you intend on a design to have.

Hope this helps.

6. Lats

Lats Staff Member

When I purchased some of these, I used the software that came with it - just imported some logo bits and everything worked out well.

If you didn't get the software with the pack, I believe you can still download it from the avery site.

7. bdv

bdv

Thanks...looks like it might be easier to export the logo and graphics from the Logo Creator, then redo with some other software.

Just out of interest...TLC prints 10 cards per page.....what if you want to use sheets with 8 cards per page?