Printer recommendation

Discussion in 'Raves and Rants' started by Humberto1959, Apr 28, 2004.

1. Humberto1959

Humberto1959

undefinedI am trying to make a business card with a logo that I created. Sorry I didn't know about Logo software until friend gave me this link. Anyway I need a printer and willing to spend up to 300 dollars reluctanly. The question I have is will any printer print out business cards, I go to staples and they try to sell me about 250.00 worth of business cards which I think I could do on my own with a little expertise of you all. I was reading about the tutortorial on making a business card and it suggests Avery paper numbers but I need to know what type of printer should I get cuz I would like to use it for pictures also am I being unreasonable , any suggestions welcome ? : o_please

2. Lats

Lats Staff Member

Welcome to the forums :)

I'd suggest any modern inkjet printer will suit you just fine. I have a HP G85 that does everything from business cards, high quality photographs to draft code lists, all without problem.

3. Humberto1959

Humberto1959

Thanks Lats ! Went to HP website, did not see the HP G85 but you sent me in the right direction now I will get a modern inkjet printer with HP on the top of the list now I just need to sort through all the printer jargon. Once again Thank-you!

4. Lats

Lats Staff Member

This is it, HP G85 which I'd say is a little over the top for you want right now, but it suits me :)

5. Humberto1959

Humberto1959

It is a very nice one though going to ebay and I will shop around but thanks for heading me in the right direction

6. BassDaddy

BassDaddy

The only problem with printing your own cards is that they look like you printed your own cards. :bonk: In other words, unprofessional.

The flat colors and perforated edges just scream "I've only been in business a week and might be gone tomorrow." Sorry, but it's true.

If you have a good logo, try dealing with www.vistaprints.com. You can upload your images and design your cards online. I know it's not cheap, but it is representing you and your business when you hand or mail it to clients.

7. Lats

Lats Staff Member

You may want to check out Avery's "Quick & Clean" range of cards, great paper with NO perforations.

8. LogoCreek

LogoCreek

9. Humberto1959

Humberto1959

Bass Daddy, you are correct in that I have been only in business a short time but my finances are low and I am trying to kill two birds with one stone. Right now I have been leaning towards Canon because of what I have been reading on ink refills. Thanks for all the input though. This is what I have so far. :D

10. premedboy

premedboy

I had the same problem with trying to locate a great printer. I finally got a cannon printer which was a great investment. Actually my friend who works at CompUSA got it for me. If you want his name and number, let me know, he can get you a discount and free shipping.

11. KD-did

KD-did

I have loved my Canon printer. Even the print head is inexpensive to replace. I have both printheads for regular printing and for doing photos.

When you do see a printer you would love to own if you go to the manufacturers site they have remans for less .... You pay less and usually get the same warranty.

12. premedboy

premedboy

The inks are much cheaper than HP or Epson. I like the fact you can replace one color at a time.

13. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

14. Touchdown

Touchdown

I just had a 1000 Business Cards Double sided professionaly printed by vistaprint.com for $30.00