Print quality

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator' started by Porgie, Sep 4, 2015.

1. Porgie

Porgie

How can I ensure my logo is optimised for print quality? Do I take it into photoshop and increase the dpi? or is there another less laborious method?

2. Porgie

Porgie

see what I'm doing is a Newsletter which I'm creating in Indesign. When I go to place the logo I have created, it's all jaggy and rough looking. I've taken it into photoshop and increased the dpi but now its even worse.. On screen, blogs etc the logo looks great.

3. snginc

snginc

4. KD-did

KD-did

The jaggedness is most likely because you are not viewing at 100%...very common practice with graphics programs.

When you changed the DPI did you reset the size back to its original size? Or was the whole image increased?

Last edited: Sep 4, 2015
    Porgie likes this.
  5. Porgie

Porgie

The whole image..

6. KD-did

KD-did

And that explains why the jagged lines. You want to set it 300 dpi and have the size remain ....you have to reset the size ....not to also increase. Attach it here and I will do the 300 DPI for you.

7. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

When you describe it as being worse that makes me think you are not using the actual exported final product, but rather, you are using the small 300 x100 thumbnail the Logo Creator uses to display the final image in the pulldown menu.