preparing logos for printing houses

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator' started by corina, Jul 2, 2013.

1. corina

corina

I really need help here ... i've recently bought the program and i'm trying to create a few logo options for a friend. I've saved them in all of the 3 options i have available. I have several programs for business cards design, leaflets and so on but i couldn't resize the logo at all.

Do I have to save each design in different sizes?
    What is the best format to give the logos to my friend so that they can use it as they please?
    i'm just so confused! Please help!

2. KD-did

KD-did

You ought to be able to resize in the program you are using to print the logos in. I personally like using png.

3. corina

corina

Thanks so much for your answer. I'm completely new to png. I've tried to save a few logos jpg and png on a memory stick and when i opened them the screen is just a series of numbers or symbols. Any idea why? Does it mean I cannot take them on a memory stick to a printer? Please help! Also, am I right in assuming that another graphic designer can use the jpg image or png in order to create leaflets, add it on the website and so on?

4. KD-did

KD-did

First save your logos to your desktop then move them to your memory stick....so get complete image files. The files will appear as you expect to see.The files will be able to be seen and used by others. You may also decide to have the logo converted to vector.

After you have finished putting the logo on the memory stick you can then move it to another permanent location.

5. corina

corina

6. corina

corina

Thank you so much for your prompt answer. I really appreciate your support and I'm so sorry to be a pain. I've send the images to a friend who has Adobe Photoshop and she couldn't open the files jpg or png.

Also please let me know ... is there an ideal size that is more likely to be suitable for printing houses? The printing house in town that i've also send the files couldn't open them.

I really need to know if your program is suitable only for on line media - blogs, banners, web and so on. I'm an absolute fan of your site and the dedication behind it........ that's for sure. But I do not want to let my client down and give him something that he cannot use. Please advice.

I'm saving all the time the documents of my desktop as jpg and use Export. Please advice what to do.

Many thanks!

7. KD-did

KD-did

I really think saving to your desktop first and then moving to your memory stick (and all other file locations) will solve the issues you are experiencing. Make sure the file contain extensions (. jpeg or png) at the end.There is no preferred size that is preferred . TLC can be uses in all applications.

8. corina

corina

Thank you again so much for your prompt reply. I cannot tell you how much I appreciate your help. I still seem to be doing something wrong. Please find below a step by step just for you to tell me what is it that i'm missing. (I'm using a MacBook Pro)

So,

The step that I wish to achieve and I am failing to achieve is to save the new logo in a JPG format that can be emailed to and used by a commercial printing house to produce images embedded in multi-media (eg letterheads, compliment slips)

The Steps
    An hour ago I emailed a selection of the images that I have designed using The Logo Creator to my client to establish whether she could open them.
    I have just received her response which is as follows: “She said that she tried to open the files and they wouldn’t at first. They all had a .DAT extension which she changed to .JPG and after that they opened fine (and I’m please to say she loved the work)
    My question is how do I save as a .JPG. What I am presently doing, which must be wrong, when I am ready to export onto my desktop, I do the following steps:
    • Click on “File”
    • Then click “Export .JPG”
    • Then I “Save as .....and give it any name”
    • Then I click on “Desktop”
    Having done that I can see the images on my desktop – great. But when I come to save them on a memory stick, the images they arrive as a message which reads as below and the size is absolutely tiny 80 x 24.

"Last login: Wed Jul 3 20:42:28 on console
    CORINAs-MacBook-Pro:~ corinathomas$ /Volumes/NO\ NAME/Loving\ life\ coach\ 8\ jpg ; exit;
    -bash: /Volumes/NO NAME/Loving life coach 8 jpg: cannot execute binary file
    logout

[Process completed]"

Please, please help!
    Blessings!

Corina

9. KD-did

KD-did

What version of OS are you using? Also which version of TLC are you using....V5 or V6.6?Are you putting work into the TLC file on your desktop.? Are you sending saved templates?
    With V6.6 it should be File>>>location showing as desktop....save as (file type)

10. corina

corina

Dear Mark,

The MacBook Pro software is OS X and the The TLC is the only one available to buy from the Apps store V6.5

What shall I do?

11. KD-did

KD-did

To start off with I am not Marc...There are other ways to buy TLC so it is not possible for me to know without asking. Yes, it is OSX but Mountain Lion or Snow Leopard? Being there is an update to V6.6 that maybe an issue with the Apple store version. I am trying to figure your exact issue out.

12. corina

corina

I apologize! i think it is Mountain lion! Bought the Mac at the end of last year! I really appreciate your support. It's just very frustrating and I'm at a loss! I've double-checked and in the Apps the only TLC version available is the one I bought 2 days ago V6.5

13. KD-did

KD-did

No need for an apology...I am not an employee of Laughingbird so it is necessary to attain my information directly from you. Now if you right click on the apple at the top of your screen you will be told what you are using for your OS. Once we have figured out where we will be starting then instructions can be forth coming.You may need a file if you are Snow Leopard. Here is a link for V6.6 http://www.thelogocreator.com/support/

14. corina

corina

Thanks a lot ...found it ... it is definitely Mountain lion - version 10.8.4

15. KD-did

KD-did

I Have sent an email to Marc as I recall an issue with the Apple store version. As we are about to celebrate a holiday I am not certain if Marc can be located or not...so hang tight. In the mean time did you get the update? http://www.thelogocreator.com/support/

16. corina

corina

You will not believe it! I've tried twice to download it ... nope! It is in my download file but but but ... Mac doesn't allow me to open the 6.6 version because .... it is from an unindentifieble developer. It is unbelievable! In the morning i will try to download the link (do i have to pay again the fee? of 20.99 £) on to my husband's laptop (it's quite an old one Windows vista software) but still ....
    Have a happy celebration tomorrow and I look forward to more suggestions. A bit thank you for not letting me down and for holding my hand. I'm sure we will find a solution ... i'm sort of optimistic ... exhausted ... very! Many blessings! Corina

17. KD-did

KD-did

Hang tight....There should be a way around that Apple store issue "unidentifiable developer" thing. I just have to locate the instructions. Meanwhile there is no reason to go through a repurchase...and your Apple store version won't work on the Windows machine.

BTW the 80 X 24b image I believe is the thumbnail version of your file.

18. KD-did

KD-did

Look for an email from me.:)

19. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

http://osxdaily.com/2012/07/27/app-cant-be-opened-because-it-is-from-an-unidentified-developer/

KD-did likes this.