Pre-press

Discussion in 'Techniques' started by OldenGray, Jan 23, 2008.

1. OldenGray

OldenGray

Look here, y'all. How about telling me how to prepare a logo done in Logo Creator for the press. I'm thinking that I will render it in a high resolution, say above 150 lines, and submit the image as a jpeg or png along with the base artwork (layout) indicating where the LC file will go. I've done the brochure in MS Publisher. I suppose that the logo will have to be four-color process. This will run the cost up but I can use the cyan and black runs for the base art and there are a couple of other illustrations and photos which can be ganged for the process. Anyone have any experience with pre-press in a situation like this? Thanks
    Olden

2. OldenGray

OldenGray

Never mind! I've found out what I wanted to know from a local printer. File needed to be 300 dpi.
    Olden

3. 3DS

3DS

yeah that's why I always supply any of my clients at least 300 ppi res documents for best press quality (plus extras). sorry I didn't get to what you was saying earlier.

4. OldenGray

OldenGray

3DS...
    No problem. But, now that I have you online, do you present your logo ideas to the client on photo paper? Or do you take along your laptop and set up a slide show? I have been mounting them on illustration board with a protective flap of 80# cover weight with my business card on the flap. What's your advice?
    Olden

:image16-1:

5. 3DS

3DS

No actually I send all my ideas, sketches, many versions of project in all stages of development, and final versions by various formats through email. I keep clients updated throughout the creative process, they provide me feedback, and we colaborate until I get my usual outsanding results that meets or exceeds thier expectations! :image07: Lately I been fortunate that some clients now just feed me basic concepts and just let me go with it - and they're more than happy with the results.

I am also very fortunate to have a WACOM tablet that I can actually draw or sketch my ideas out while on my puter. I can send those as my ideas in any format also. I will usually sketch something out before I commit to using Photoshop, Illustrator to draw or paint.

I haven't used illustration board since my art instructors demanded this (with perfect mounting habits of course), before each class presentaion & critique in art college. Although I do have some of that illustration board and other various materials laying around somewhere gathering dust, hehe. Which reminds me of all the animation projects I have stashed I been wanting to scan and refine also, doh!