1. New Software Notice alert!

The new Web Graphics Creator (version 4.0) will be out soon.

For now, version 3.0 is still active and works great on most Windows machines. It no longer runs on Macs using Lion or greater... (but the new version will fix this)

So hang in there! It's almost done!

Positioning Problem

Discussion in 'Web Graphics Creator' started by pigcheers, Oct 11, 2007.

1. pigcheers

pigcheers

Please see the problem.JPG file attached. I'm only trying to create a membership card. I've followed the steps in the software. What is missing? How to move the pictures inside the card? Any full and proper instructions available? How to solve this problem?

Attached Files:

2. KD-did

KD-did

To edit or change the things in the template to the membership card start in the "Art Center". To view how to edit first click on "View Quick Tutorial" and the second item down should give you all you need to know or go to http://www.webgraphicscreator.com/tutorials.html .

3. pigcheers

pigcheers

Problem still there.

Hi,

The problem is not solved. The position of the jpeg file in the membership card is still on the bottom left. Can you tell me exactly how to change the position?

Please see the problem2.JPG for the same problem that I'm trying to solve.

I've read the tutorials.

Rgds,
    William

Attached Files:

4. Zipper

Zipper

Hi sorry you are having problems. you should be able to move any images and/or text by clicking and dragging with your mouse to the positions you want it. That is if I am understanding you right...

5. KD-did

KD-did

I am not certain why you are getting that result but I am going to hazard a guess that you imported the thumbnail of the membership card instead of the graphic you needed. That would be corrected by right clicking on the image and choosing the "import new image" and using full size image to replace the thumbnail.

6. pigcheers

pigcheers

Hi, I've tried full size, quarter and thumbnail before I post this problem. All not centered and looks like problem.JPG and problem2.JPG. So I'm trying to ask, what is the function that moves the pic in the template? If there is no such function, then there is a problem with the software I downloaded. I will need your help to check the software once before I download it again. I've spent the whole day doing trial and error.

Rgds,
    William

7. KD-did

KD-did

I have couple of questions for you...
    1)Are you working on a PC or a Mac?
    2) What Operating System
    3)What module are you working in to get that result?

8. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Hi Pigcheers.

Hang tight. I've written to a¿ex, a member here in the forum. He may know the answer to this one.

I've never come across this before. Very odd.

Marc

9. a¿ex

a¿ex Staff Member

Well, that's difficult to answer for me too.
    I'd need to see how the input image is.
    Maybe there is a lot of whitepsace around the image and therefore it doesn't "fit" onto the card.

Any chance, that you upload the jpg, which you use as image on the card here?

10. a¿ex

a¿ex Staff Member

have you tried to right click on the model in order to choose another texture scaling?
    there is "Scale texture to fit exactly" which distorts the image to ...fit exactly to the 3-D model, "Scale texture to fit width" and "Scale texture to fit height", which, as I see right now, can cause problems, which I think may be a cause of the member card being so slim. (sorry my bug, which I see for the first time myself)
    And there is "Scale texture to fit", which will center the image as large as possible on the 3-D model.

These settings are "remembered" across sessions. So that you can try the same image on different models, without always needing to tweak the settings.
    So you may at one point changed the settings and now, they are wrong somehow.

Please try "Scale texture to fit" or "Scale texture to fit exactly".

If you scaled the model with the top left scale buttons, by dragging the model axis, you can reset that changes to the defaults at any time with the "Home" icon. (The little house icon)

I hope that helps you to sort the problems.

Sorry for causing you any trouble.

11. pigcheers

pigcheers

Problem...

The scale texture to fit and scale texture to fit exactly has no effect on them. I've attached what you want to see.

Rgds,
    William

Attached Files:

12. pigcheers

pigcheers

Reset Texture To Default

I use default on everything I see on the screen. When choosing the ecover, I double click on the membership card and choose to save no changes to previous stuff. Even the default pic is on the left. I use "reset this texture to default" and "scale texture to fit exactly", and the results are the two pics which looks about the same. See attached.

Rgds,
    William

Attached Files:

13. a¿ex

a¿ex Staff Member

That's odd.
    I am not exactly sure at the moment, what leads to the difference on your computer, as we haven't seen this behavior until now. What are your machine specifications btw.?

I've put up a sample of my membership card here:
    http://www.farbflash.de/director/tests/membershipcard/

It is simply "published", which yields a folder with the required assets to play the 3-D view independantly like this:
    http://www.farbflash.de/director/tests/membershipcard.zip

Could you be so kind and "publish" your membershipcard?
    It is in the "tools" menu, the leftmost icon at the bottom or the contextmenu, when not clicking on any 3-D model.

If you could provide me that folder, it would be a great help to track the problem and send you a fixed version of the engine if required.

14. pigcheers

pigcheers

Position Problem

The files you sent me contains the same position problem.

At first I thought my computer has other software that conflicts with wgc. Therefore I spend another afternoon to install the software again but this time, in my girlfriend's computer. Guess what? Exactly the same problem. My computer and her computer are totally different in terms of hardware configuration. As for software, I can see that only Window XP SP2 and Microsoft Office 2003 are the same. The rest I don't know what to look out for. I suggest your team download the current version and install it on some other computers than your own. When it is ready, tell us where to download because the grace of 30 days to download your buggy software might not be enough for most of us.

If it cannot be solved, I will ask for a refund. Reasonable?

Rgds,
    William

15. a¿ex

a¿ex Staff Member

Could you please point me to the other people having complaint about the same issue? I didn't find anything. Please bear with me, but I am not an employee of LB software. I programmed the 3-D modul some years ago and therefore can answer only technical questions.

I asked you to publish the model and send me the publish folder, so I can reproduce the problem. Is there a specific reason, that you can not do that? Can I help you somehow with that process?

It would help to track the problem.
    Meanwhile I'll check the problem on other machines, than those I already checked and couldn't repro the problem.

16. pigcheers

pigcheers

Problem

Hi, due to limited bandwidth of this poor forum, I have to upload this on my website. Here is the zip file. I'm using jpeg quarter size, the two other size shows totally blank on the membership card.

http://www.pigcheers.com/problem/problemmodel.zip

Previously I didn't send you because the files you sent me shows the same problem. I thought the problem lies with my pc.

I thought others are having the same problem but after reading carefully, they are having problems with the flip page creator.

Rgds,
    William

17. a¿ex

a¿ex Staff Member

that helped to identify the problem!
    here's a fix for that specific model:
    http://www.farbflash.de/director/tests/WGC_MemberCard_bugfix.zip

enclosed in the zip you'll find a few folders to indicate where the fixed file belongs and an xml file, which should fix the problem. (not the cause of the problem though)

Please replace the file "memberCard.xml" and tell, whether it fixed your problem. From my understanding I'd say it ought to, but I am puzzled, that in the example I sent you previously, you had the same problem, which is rather strange.

Or didn't you open it in your webbrowser by simply open the first URL or doubleclicking the file "tlc_3D_modul.html" in the downloaded zip archive ?

That's very strange, because the problem I see in the file you uploaded is in my code in conjunction with some code which must have run before the error occurred, but it should NOT be present in the sample I sent you earlier, if you just play it back in the webbrowser.

Anyway, I can find a way around the problem and provide a fixed version later, but I first need to know, if the new file fixed your issue and if you watched my previous upload in the webbrowser.

which is a completely different beast...
    The problem you faced is nothing, which wouldn't occurr 2 years ago, but it never occurred, as it appears only as a consequence of difficult to reproduce steps and thus it is really bad luck to step into it.
    From my POV it isn't though, as it reveals a weakness in my code which was difficult to spot.

The symptom couldn't be simpler: it is just the case of the xml node name!
    The cause and what leads to it is more sophisticated, though.

Anyway, thanks for your patience and help tracking it down.

18. pigcheers

pigcheers

Problem

No, I've replaced the .xml with yours but it is the same.

Then I reinstall the whole program again, place your file in it. Still the same. One thing that puzzles me, when I reinstall the program, and follow the sequence to setup a membership card, the default model of the membership card still shows the previous position and selected jpg with the same problem. It should show me the default membership card picture but it didn't. Where is the memory hidden? There might be a chance if I can delete the entire memory and reinstall the software.

It puzzles me that my girlfriend's computer shows the same problem. I'm thinking of uploading the entire software that I downloaded for you to install. But you must install on a computer that has not installed the software before. Somehow the memory sticks to it even if I uninstall it and delete the wgc folder in my program files.

As for your question about clicking the url, I click once on

http://www.farbflash.de/director/tests/membershipcard/

I attached the print screen to show you.

Tell me how to delete all the relevant memories for wgc first. The uninstall is not clean enough.

Rgds,
    William

Attached Files:

19. a¿ex

a¿ex Staff Member

that's odd.
    I still believe, that the problem must be related to what I found.
    We'll try with a version which prevents the error from happening in the first place, instead of just replacing the single file. I am downloading the windows version now again to see, if the case of the filename changed from "memberCard" to "membercard", which essentially seems to be the problem here. (-> the case of the filename doesn't fit the case of the node in the xml file)

I'll change the underlying code to ensure, that the case is normalized before looking up the values in the xml file.

I am not exactly sure, why the software is not cleaned properly.

My 3-D modul stores a preferences file outside the application install folder. But that file only stores data concerning the environment, like "show floor", light settings or background color and the like (everything which you can also find in the file "environmentsettings.xml"). But nothing concerning the 3-D models.(The name of the preference file is: tlc_3D_prefs_V2.xml. On y windows system it is located in C:\Windows)

Changes to the 3-D models are stored in the file which I sent you, which is located in the folder "w3dMedia" alongside the .w3d file. The grahpics used are stored in the folder "TempGraphics" and follow the naming rules. (There is for example a file "memberCard_front.jpg", if you changed the front image of the meembership card)

So if you delete the folder "eCover Creator" on your HD and reinstall the software, I have no idea, where the old settings come from. Please do a search on all your harddisks for a folder named "w3dMedia" and see how many of them you find.
    There ought to be one, which you didn't delete and which is used instead of the one, which you re-installed.

That's kind, but that would be the very last resort.
    It is much too big to do that.

We'll find a better solution!

which is indeed the only place, where you would need to uninstall something.

now that is really odd!
    If I click the link, with the same computer I was able to repro the problem with your file, I get a proper result.

I think you already did, what is necessary to remove the software. Let me do some more checks and send you another version of the 3-D modul.

Hold on for a moment. Don't loose any more time on it. I'll change the application so we can be sure, that the case doesn't matter anymore at all.

20. a¿ex

a¿ex Staff Member