Poeple Pack not showing up

Discussion in 'General Support' started by Marc Ready, Feb 3, 2013.

1. Marc Ready

Marc Ready

Hi ,

I just installed the The Log Creator Version 6 on a new Win 8 machine and was able to get the 3D Characters and the Mascots ad-ons to show up but I can not get the people pack to display.

After install it says everything is fine but nothing show up.

During the installations I went from version 5 and upgraded to version 6 then
    added the 3D then the Mascots then tried the Poeple.

The installer I have is TLCv6_PeoplePak_Win7.exe and when I run it the path defaults to

C:\Program Files (x86)

The upgrade defaulted there as well. I have tried installing to the path and to

c:\program files (x86)\the logo creator v6\

and to

C:\PROGRAM FILES (X86)\THE LOGO CREATOR V6\THE LOGO CREATOR V6\

with no luck even though it says it installed ok every time. There is no uninstaller for it either.

Any ideas?

Thanks Again

Marc Ready

2. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

The people pak are not templates. They show up in the SELECT SETS OF IMAGE ELEMENTS pull down menu.....

The people pak is a dbase file and is identified as such by a folder with 2 little gears on it.

IT MUST BE HERE (in the logo elements folder) FOR IT TO SHOW UP IN THE PULLDOWN MENU!

C:\Users\Glenn\Documents\Laughingbird Documents\Logo Elements

is where it is on my computer-- it has to be in the same location on your computer. Of course the "Glenn" would be different on your set up.

LOOK At the attached picture and you will get the idea.... people pak location.JPG

3. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

The yellow folders are things I've copied over from TLC version 5.2 or are custom made libraries- you probably will not see any yellow folders when you browse to the same location on your computer!

4. Marc Ready

Marc Ready

Hi Glen,

Thanks for your message.

The video demo for the people pack actually shows both templates and assets

For Example the Corp-O-Rate template in the video:

But I have no people pack items in

Documents\Laughingbird Documents\Logo Libraries\Logo Templates\

or

Documents\Laughingbird Documents\Logo Elements

I just tried reinstalling to

Documents\Laughingbird Documents\

But still no luck. Any other ideas?

Thanks Again

Marc

5. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

Any chance you are using the built in unzip tool in win7 or winzip? The peoplepak was one that I had to use "7zip" to get the main download to unzip and install correctly. It looks like it installs just fine but it is only really making duplicates of all the zipped files. I have win zip, and it just couldn't unzip the file in a correct manner but 7zip did.

I highly recommend unzipping the original peoplepak installation file using "7zip" it's always been my go to program, AND ITS FREE!!!

http://www.7-zip.org/download.html

6. Marc Ready

Marc Ready

Thanks..
    I just tried 7-zip and it can not open the file

TLCv6_PeoplePak_Win7.exe becuase it's not an archive file.

Any other ideas?

Thanks Again

Marc

7. Marc Ready

Marc Ready

ok, I figured it out.

My Documents folder set to a different hard drive (D:\ not C:\ ) and the installer was putting the files in a Documents folder on the C:\ drive. I found the "Laughingbird Documents" on the C:\ drive and copied it over the Laughingbird Documents that is also in my Documents folder on the D:\ drive and it's all there now.

Thanks Again For You help!

Marc

8. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

That was going to be next. Another similar issue involves when there is more than one user on a computer--- for example: a customer purchased TLC while he wife was logged on, he thought it was his account. Whenever he used TLC he saved stuff, but it never showed up. It did, but under his wife's account!

9. RJ Darden

RJ Darden

Well I think my "people" file is located where you say it should be... but it STILL is not showing up... but it also doesn't look like the attached pic above.

Mine is at c:/all users/owner/documents/laughingbird documents/logo elements.

Then there are 5 db files in the logo elements folder.

But when I load TLC, and go into "Select Sets of Image Elements"... there are no people.db.

HELP!

10. KD-did

KD-did

Are you looking in the drop down menu?

11. RJ Darden

RJ Darden

I clicked the menu header titled "Select Sets of Image Elements". A menu drops down, and lists 14 (.db's) ... of which NONE of them is "people.db".

12. KD-did

KD-did

Try an Admin log-in. What OS are you running?

13. RJ Darden

RJ Darden

I'm running Windows 7...
    I am the only user on this computer... the guest option is turned off...
    I tried deleting and reinstalling...
    I tried re-booting the computer...

14. KD-did

KD-did

Out of curiosity do you happen to have Web Graphics Creator on your computer? That program also had a "People" folder...the 2 are not compatible but your machine might see it as being installed and preventing the V6 from installing.

15. RJ Darden

RJ Darden

No.. I don't own the program Web Graphics Creator

16. RJ Darden

RJ Darden

This is frustrating. Apparently I must be doing something wrong. I went to my kids computer, and installed both programs (The Logo Creator and The People Pack) and I still get the same results. So maybe it's ME ?

Do you have a video explaining and showing how to install the programs? ... and/or .. how to install and use any of the add-on packs?

I don't DARE buy any more packs if I can't get the one I already purchased to work.

I'm really trying to be patient! :-(

17. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

MAKE SURE YOU CAN FIND YOUR ORIGINAL PEOPLE PAK FILE THAT YOU DOWNLOADED!

1. The People paks do not show up as templates, you access them through the SELECT SETS OF IMAGE ELEMENTS pull down menu. Yours is not showing up in the pulldown menu, so that alone tells me it is not correctly installed.

2. By any chance did you use the built in "Unzip" tool found in win7? Myself, when I unzipped the people pak download, it would never install, it looked like it did, but when I went to use it, it wasn't usable, much like what you describe.

THE PEOPLE PAK IS ACTUALLY A BUNCH OF FILES, ONCE UNZIPPED (WITH THE "DB" EXTENSION-- SEE THE ATTACHED PICTURE!) people pak.JPG

3. I ended up downloading a different unzipping tool (and I have a full paid version of win zip!) because the built in (FOR WIN7) unzipping tool couldn't do it, and winzip couldn't do it.

4. Locate your original file you downloaded and unzip with this: (it's free) http://www.7-zip.org/

18. RJ Darden

RJ Darden

I am using 7-zip 9.20. ... but this is what I did. I tried what Marc Ready explained what he did in an above post.
    For whatever reason... the people pack files were located at the destination that I described above :

( c:/all users/owner/documents/laughingbird documents/logo elements. )

But it just wasn't showing up in my "The Logo Creator" program within the SELECT SETS OF IMAGE ELEMENTS pull down menu.
    So I went to where the files were ...and copied and pasted them to my Laughingbird Documents folder located in my "My Documents" folder.
    Now, when I load the TLC program, the files show up in the pull down menu. I know that's NOT what I was supposed to do to get it to work... but I guess beggars can't be choosy...

;-)

Mr Laughingbird and gcuneo2 like this.
  19. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Thanks for posting this RJ.
    Very confusing I'm sure. ---really glad you've got it all worked out tho.

I'm still baffled as to why sometimes files get placed into different "My Documement" folders.
    SO confusing...

Thanks again for taking the time to post the fix RJ

20. Jerry Samuels

Jerry Samuels

I had a similar problem.
    I installed the peoplepak.exe or so I thought.
    But the elements didn't activate and I did not see them when I checked the "logo elements" file.
    So I did a search for one of them and found them all.
    Then I simply copy and pasted them in to the logo elements folder and "bam" now they work.
    This information here was very helpful.

Thanks,

gcuneo2 likes this.