Pocket Knife/JackKnife...ideas

Discussion in 'Logo Designs' started by Olefogey, Feb 25, 2009.

1. Olefogey

Olefogey

I am looking for someone to design me a logo for an online website I am working on. I am working on a shoestring budget, have tried a few ideas of my own, but nothing I'm too crazy about.
    A little information on what I am looking for.

1. Will be selling pocket knives, etc., primarily for camping, hiking, fishing, outdoor activities. Hobbies, etc. As weapon? No! As a useful tool? Yes.
    2. As I am a senior citizen, I would like to incorporate a cartoon character of older gent in an outdoor setting.
    3. Would like to have behind the character, a folding multi-tool knife.
    4. As this is going to be ecommerce site, I would like to have the url: www.pappysknives.com included in logo.
    5. I will be trying to convince users and potential buyers that it is ok to carry a knive. Used, as it was intended, it can be an indispensible tool.
    Hopefully this is enough information....
    Olefogey

2. KD-did

KD-did

Welcome to the forum from a wife of a man that doesn't think he is dressed until his knife is in his pocket.

Simple design fonts and knife color can be changed.

3. Olefogey

Olefogey

KD-did: Thank-you for quick your response. I like the clarity of the logo and idea, but not exactly what I had in mind.
    I would like to see an image, similar too what I am already using as an avatar:[​IMG] in front of a knive similar to your design. Maybe enclosed in a globe type setting.
    Trying to reach camping,hiking,fishing, boy scouts,girl scouts, father son types, etc.
    Olefogey

4. KD-did

KD-did

I didn't see your avatar until I looked at your public profile... I think we need to get it so it be seen every time you post.

Olefogey ,would it be better if designers were thinking more inline with making you a website header rather than just a business logo?

5. Olefogey

Olefogey

You know, that isn't such a bad idea to see what could be done with a header. Although I still want to have a logo created seperately, so I could use it in other locations on my website. Such as newsletter, blog, checkout, etc. So, yes, I would like some help with a header.
    Would like you to consider a few things I am looking for in a header: 1000x175, rustic setting, a "grandfatherly" figure showing his grandson how to use a knive.
    But try to keep in mind funds are an issue, and I would under no circumstances use someone else's work with out paying for it.
    Olefogey

6. KD-did

KD-did

How is this for an idea? Using text instead of images keeps the logo from becoming too cluttered IMHO.The character is one out of Business Mascot Edition.

7. Olefogey

Olefogey

I like that! Nice idea... Do you also have any ideas for a header? What are we looking at for the logo, cost wise?

8. KD-did

KD-did

Got any particular color scheme in mind?

9. Olefogey

Olefogey

Color Schemes: earthy tones,balanced with some sky colors.
    Olefogey

10. KD-did

KD-did

I would color coordinate the "Pappy" character for a header.

11. Olefogey

Olefogey

Not too bad! could we change the text to incorporate "We have the knife to fit the occasion" . Maybe not exactly worded like that, but something to that affect as the lead and then in smaller text the text you have: scouting,hiking, etc. all below the Pappys Knives. com.
    I want to quickly indicate we have knives for sale here.
    Just some more ideas and see what you can do with that.
    Olefogey

12. KD-did

KD-did

Back already... with added text content and a change of color.

13. Olefogey

Olefogey

Nice! I like it. Ok, now what are we going to owe you? Also, would that header be in a format that I could change the colors on my Adboe elements program, in other words layers?
    Really appreciate hard work.
    Olefogey

14. KD-did

KD-did

About this change? You know after clicking to enlarge if you click again you will see what it looks like on white.

15. Olefogey

Olefogey

Gotcha! Do know, looks great! Simple and too the point.
    Olefogey

16. KD-did

KD-did

All the color changes you have seen here were done using TLC. I made the background as an image to be imported so it can be colored or deleted totally. The main "Pappy"text was done as an image too. All other text was done in TLC so changing to a different font or changing color is no issue. When making the knife I didn't save it as a layered eps but what you can do is use the PSE paintbucket to change a portion of the knife instead of coloring the entire image like would happen coloring in TLC. The paintbucket can be used to change the coloration of the Pappy character as desired.

17. Olefogey

Olefogey

Awesome!

18. Wicked

Wicked

Since you seem open minded this is just another concept. Maybe something to work with. No knives but instead blades.

Attached Files:

19. Wicked

Wicked

Staying with the opened minded concept.

Attached Files:

20. Wicked

Wicked

Sorry just one more I could not resist a black background.

Attached Files: