Pls help in removing Blue background from TLC

Discussion in 'Help wanted with my design' started by jimbono, Mar 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimbono

jimbono

Hi Folks,

I am enjoying TLC so far...Its far out !! :cool:

However, I need help in removing the blue background of my logo as I want it transparent.

Attached the TLC file in the zip..
    Can any kind hearts please :helpnow: ?

I would appreciate if the blkue background is removed from the TLC and/or if I get a transparent gif.

Thanks in advance,
    jiim

Attached Files:

2. KD-did

KD-did

I haven't been able to open the attached file .
    To remove a background color you can either under the MODIFY menu ...last item on the list "set background color" or you can go more export options and use Tgif and use the eyedropper and click on background color and continue the export.

3. KD-did

KD-did

After renaming the file I was able to open it. The above solution of set background color will solve your problem.

4. jimbono

jimbono

Thanks kd-did for the fast response...:WOW1:

Do you mean to say that I need to click on the Blue background with the eye dropper and click Export as trans-gif..
    I did that and the attached gif is the one that I got. So will it go transparent against any background color?

I have attached the original GIF file (surfbuzz.gif) with the blue background and the other one with the background removed using eye dropper and click and blue background and export as trans-gif (surfbuzztransparent.gif) .

Pls advise.

Sorry for bugging you on a sunday morning...

:thankyou:

Thanks in advance,
    jim

Attached Files:

5. KD-did

KD-did

Jim, you can just click on modify and scroll down to the last item in the menu..set background color...you can make the background white. Then Go to EXPORT...choose "more options" and choose tgif. There you will see a square it will be white (But to be sure it exports without the white) move the eyedropper to someplace on the canvas' background when the square is the color of the background..then hit export.

It is always a pleasure to assist any member...even on Sunday morning.

6. jimbono

jimbono

Thanks kd-did... I'll try like what you advised.. and will get back to you.

Thanks again for your valuable help,
    jim

7. blackknight

blackknight

yep, thats what I was going to say . You beat me to it KD

Attached Files:

8. jimbono

jimbono

Hi Folks,

the logo has to go along with the attached background image, if that means anything. Just thought you might like to know.

Thanks again,
    jim

Attached Files:

• 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      6.3 KB
      Views:
  9. jimbono

jimbono

Hi Blackknight,

Thanks for the beautiful logo that you created for me...It goes well with my web page.

Howevr, the PNG has a white background again and I can't seem to remove it using TLC->Import Image and setting background color to the one that I want. The background color that I want is attached in the post directly above this post. Would you be kind enough to send me the TLC file for the logo so that I can play around with it?

Thanks in advance,
    jim

Attached Files:

10. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Hi Jimbono.

Make sure - when you create your logo in TLC - to create it over the same background color as your page. In this case, blue.

The transparent Gif option removes MOST of the background coloring (as you've shown above), but it won't remove the colors that aren't blue. In your case, the Drop Shadow made the blue a bit darker around your logo.

This is true with any software that produces transparent Gifs.
    (including Photoshop!)

You might try finding the "HEX" numbers of your background color. You can do this with most HTML editors.

Then, use this HEX number (sometimes looks like #FFFFF for White or #ffba00 for a yellow hue) for the background color of your logo in The Logo Creator! You can set the HEX color under the Pallete options.

- Marc

11. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

I've brought your background image into Photoshop.
    The HEX number is: #55b5e7

12. Juncal

Juncal

I would like to help you, but I can't open the TLC file... The last logo it's the one you want but without the white outline of the cutted background? Do you have the original with you?
    R2

13. KD-did

KD-did

Juncal, I ran into the same problem, I ended up renaming it real logo.tlc and then TLC would open it

14. Juncal

Juncal

So sorry, I can't; I just renamed the file to "real logo.tlc" but it's not working.
    Anyway I tried.
    R2.

15. jimbono

jimbono

Hey Folks,

Thank you all for the various useful inputs that you guys gave me regarding my problem. I appreciate all your efforts. Greg (blackknight) has sent me the modified versions of the logos out of sheer interest and Im grateful for that.

THanks all, for I'll be buzzing you if I get into trouble again,

:thankyou: :thankyou:

jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.