Please I Need Help!

Discussion in 'The Flash Ad Creator' started by Mr C, Oct 4, 2005.

1. Mr C

Mr C

I have just purchased Flash Ad Creator and i'm having major problems.

When i customise an advert and insert it into one of my webpages (I use Dreamweaver to create webpages) and view the webpage in a browser everything is fine.

HOWEVER as soon as i upload the webpage to the net the advert reverts back to its original template and its REALLY annoying!

WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?!?!?!?

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!

2. jamirae

jamirae

stupid question.. but did you make sure you uploaded the correct directory/file? I know I've done that myself and had saved the file in a different place.

3. Mr C

Mr C

Hi thanks for the quick reply!

Yes its definiely the correct file etc

What i will do is delete everything from my directory and then you could have a look.

Could you do that for me please?

4. Mr C

Mr C

Ok please check this out -

My homepage address is

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/chris.haran/

Ignore the folders Keri & Hazi New Site (Im hosting these for family members)

Everything is in Laughing Bird directory

HELP!!! HELP!!! HELP!!!

5. jamirae

jamirae

hmm.. I see the problem.. nothing from the assets folder appears to be showing in your ad.

Try this.. and let me know if it works.. change the folder name from "Assets" to "assets"

it could be a case-sensitivity issue and the capitol A is throwing it off. if that doesnt work.. I may have to call in The Bird! :)

6. jamirae

jamirae

also, if I can make a suggestion.. dont use spaces in your file names. it's cleaner and less likely to cause different browser to choke on your page. :)

7. Mr C

Mr C

I've done it and still no joy.

I bought a flash template once before and had this problem.

I don't use anything out of the ordinary - Windows XP etc

If you can solve this for me you will genuinely be the biggest help i have ever had in my life!!!!!!!

8. Mr C

Mr C

The Laughing Bird software filenames automatically put spaces in them.....

I'll change my directory so that it doesn't have a space. Thanks for the tip

9. jamirae

jamirae

hmm.. I tried downloading your files to my pc and I got the same errors. it's been awhile since I used the software so let me run through it once and see if I can think of anything else to try.

10. Mr C

Mr C

Thanks mate i really appreciate your help

11. jamirae

jamirae

okay, well I got it to work okay by creating my own and exporting (with the exception of the swf not auto-starting.. had to right click and select "play" .. weird..

anyhow.. I'll see if I can somehow get Marc (the developer) in here. one other thing to just check is to make sure that the assets folder has read access (should be the default, but worth a check just to be sure).

oh.. what version of the Flash Ad Creator do you have? (should be able to find that from the File/About menu).

12. Mr C

Mr C

Its version 1.4

How do i make sure that the assets folder has read access?

Thanks

13. jamirae

jamirae

well, by default it should have it. if you are FTPing your files you should see the permissions setting somewhere there. should look something like "drwxr-xr-x" in a column of your directory listing. what FTP softwrae do you use?

dang, you have a newer version of the Flash Ad creator than me! I need to get mine upped..

I was having some weird issues with the ad I created. (it wasnt auto starting).. so I closed down the Flash Ad Creator, then opened it and created a new ad, this time saving it into an entirely different and new directory. have you tried? dont save it over the one you have created.. just create a new directory somewhere.. and export/save it there. then upload that.

and I have "pinged" Marc.. and other moderators, too.. hopefully someone has seen this issue before and can help you out.

I have to run to a meeting so I wont be able to check back until later ... sorry. :(

14. Mr C

Mr C

Hi i use FTP Commander 7.4 and it states drwxr-xr-x on the directory

It still doesn't work, even if i insert it into dreamweaver and F12 it (View in internet explorer) it plays the original flash file...

Its very frustrating

Its 21.00 here in England so i'll be up another 3 or 4 hours and then its time for some shut eye!

Enjoy your meeting, get back to me asap

Again thanks mate

15. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Hi Mr. C...

The Flash Ad Creator v1.4 will save a file called "MyAd.swf"

Make sure the assets folder contains the same name:

"MyAd_assets"

The file (the .swf file) will only read from the same named folder.

Rename the assets folder to "My Ad2_assets".

Also, as Jami mentions, try not to have spaces in your file names. Although I allow you to do this - and most times it works - the web doesn't like spaces.

Try this and let me know how it goes. I don't see any other problems with the page you've pointed us to!

- Marc

16. Mr C

Mr C

Hi Marc

You may have just cracked it for me. Looks like its working!

You may be a genius. I'll just try a few things and then let you know.

Cheers my American friend, much appreciated

17. Mr Laughingbird

Ah!
    Great to hear.

Version 1.4 should export the file (myFile.swf) and the correctly named Assets folder (MyFile_assets).

Glad to hear all is working MC!
    Thanks for posting the update!

- Marc

18. jamirae

jamirae

Marc is a genius. :)

19. Mr Laughingbird

Aw.

Thanks JR.
    I ain't no genus. Juss like to play with computor programz.

:Working:

20. helpwithdebt

helpwithdebt

:helpnow:

I Have tihe exact same problem. No matter what I do, when I upload ALL the files it just produces the template and not my edited saved version.

I have had the program for a week now and have not been able to get it to work.