Please help with this logo

Discussion in 'Help wanted with my design' started by poconoangler, Apr 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poconoangler

poconoangler

OK... im bummed out I cannot figure this out myself. However, I saw a logo I REALLY like and the creative juices have chilled since then. I need to get this done as quickly as possible, as my website is currently under construction. I did a "temporary" business card for the time being, with a simple color mayfly on the card. I do like badge style logs because their so versatile, but like traditional style logos also. I actually was thinking of maybe a wooden badge (kind of in a shield shape) with a mayfly or fly fisherman on it as if it were wood burned into the wood. Just an idea. I will give a link for the design I was saying I LOVE, just to give you guys an idea of what style really turned me on. I would appreciate as much feedback with this as possible. Also, I will provide you with an area on my website to showcase some of your logos and a referral by myself. I am in constant communication with some of the most important people in the fly fishing industry and think you will be able to get other clients with this opportunity. Like i said im kind of on a tight schedule with getting things started here so any responses ASAP would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Again,

Jim Albert

this is the logo I was refering to:

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b...XLduzaOAe3nwo/cC/f=0/ps=50/r=0/rx=550/ry=400/

2. poconoangler

poconoangler

one other thing i wanted to add was my email is jimalbert@thepoconoangler.com, that email is automatically redirected to my blackberry and so i can reply back to threads much more quickly.

Thanks Again,

Jim

3. KD-did

KD-did

Here is a redo from the first time you came to the forum with a request.

4. poconoangler

poconoangler

Thanks for your response.. Im not sure im digging the silhouette. I think a mayfly silhouette would probably be better than a fly fisherman. The other thing i wanted to mention before is that the "pocono" part of The Pocono Angler, is actually a region of pennsylvania. many mountains, streams, mountain laurels etc. I do like the fonts.

Thanks,

Jim

5. poconoangler

poconoangler

ok... I think I have come to the conclusion that no one is interested in the design of this logo.

Jim

6. awalck

awalck Staff Member

Ironic that I was just finishing a design... Sorry Jim, a lot of designers get tied up for a few days in a row and it's gets difficult for them to catch up and then throw together a design (or is it throw a design together? - it's the Pennsylvanian in me) :) If you hold out a little longer I'm sure you'll find want you want. Thanks.

KD, nice work there. Hope mine isn't too close to yours - if so, I will go a different route. I couldn't decide on a color scheme... am open to suggestions.

Attached Files:

7. poconoangler

poconoangler

OK... very nice awalk. i like the first design better than the 2nd one primarily because of the color scheme... after seeing the shield with with your design in it awalk, i dont know if a shield is the proper thing to be using here.. i was doing some looking on fotalia today and i found a few things that interested me that i thought would look good in a logo, and if it would be a help for you guys to see those i will gladly post links to those things. I dont know if you took a look at that first logo that i listed in i think the first thread, but that just is really the kind of look i wanted. Its just hard for me after seeing one that i really liked to get off that original. where are you from anyway awalk? my email is also jimalbert@thepoconoangler.com as i said before.. its linked to my dingelberry so i can get back sooner. Im open for any suggestion here guys, and believe me, i dont mind paying.. i just need this to be very catchy. If you would like me to post those fotalia things i will post them. Also, i will purchase whatever artwork needed for this project.

Thanks again guys,

Jim

8. poconoangler

poconoangler

ok.. here are two examples that i really like

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I really like the first design... on the other two that are up there i like the second one the best but dont know how you could incorperate a flyfisherman or mayfly into it... on the first one i thought maybe on the left of the "cabin" where the image started in the lower left it would be cool to somehow incorporate a fly reel making the upper curve the rod.. to the lower portion where the line thins out making this the "fly line" and just before it met the stream add a fly image. and change the "stream" below the cabin to a blue color like a creek representation. does this help you guys at all?

Thanks again,

Jim

9. awalck

awalck Staff Member

Thanks Jim for the feedback. I agree the shield doesn't look right - too much like a "shirt patch" or something. I live in south-central PA almost on the Maryland line, but haven't been to the Pocono's since I was little. I'll work on some more ideas, thanks for the style examples. -Allen

10. poconoangler

poconoangler

awalk, thanks for the reply's. I need something thats going to look clean and impressive on both the website, letterhead, business cards, and on apparel. Im going to do something i probably shouldn't do, and post my cell phone number here. But im kind of desperate to get things rolling here and if it helps communication its for the better. 570-657-6641. Thanks for all who are working on this.

Thanks Again,

Jim

11. awalck

awalck Staff Member

Here's my last idea for tonight... I like those other logos, but I wanted to be creative at the same time careful not to recreate someone's work too closely. I'll post another tomorrow. Thanks Jim.

Attached Files:

12. poconoangler

poconoangler

allen... i like that very much actually... the only thing i think i would like to see is possibly make the stream blue... im also wondering if we shouldnt try to get an actually "tied" fly silhouette in there instead of the actual mayfly silhouette. uhm.. raise the swoosh that represents the fly line up to the end of the "rod" or just cut down the rod to line up with the line. and maybe a change in color on the fonts or something.. but i think were getting close here now...

Thanks,

Jim

13. poconoangler

poconoangler

OK.. i dont want anyone to get strung out on a line here, I am going to go with awalck for this logo. However, I am still looking for some other logos/letterhead type things i can use for invoices and such. Just dont want anyone spending time on something, when i found what i wanted.

Thanks Again,

Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.