Please Help...I tried everything.

Discussion in 'The Flash Ad Creator' started by ozzyamos, Oct 28, 2005.

1. ozzyamos

ozzyamos

I am farmiliar with Front Page and have read all the help threads and followed all instructions to a tee! My ad doesn't have my custon text and photos when on the net...But in the preview pane of the design it shows correctly. the data file shows the changes and I have the assets folder. I tried to inset the image as a plug in, and same scenario... Grrr. the preview (frontpage00) shows the correct flash - but after it is uploaded it displays the default Ad...?? Any suggestions? Thanks!!!!

And I also tried just inserting the HTML code...no good, preview looks good but not after transfered...???

2. Fuzzyminds

Fuzzyminds

Did you remember to upload the associated folder that Ad Creator generates with the swf and companion html file? Have a look where you expored the swf file to and you'll find that folder.

3. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Fuzzyminds, thanks for the help!
    You're home page (http://www.infosecpeople.com/) by the way is a great example for using The Flash Ad Creator! Nice job... I hope it was easy for you.

Ozzy, point us to the page that the Ad is located so that I can see what's going on.

- Marc

4. ozzyamos

ozzyamos

Still can't get it... =(

On this page I inserted the .swf file. It previews correctly in Frontpage, but then I publish and it default to the stock animation...???
    http://veggiewerkes.com/test3.htm

This is the page the software created:
    http://veggiewerkes.com/vw's_Webpage.html
    Again, it previews correctly, but not after it is published.

I did include the assets folder, it contains the data file with my changes and my two images. I have tried several ways - Only having one in the site, remaned no spaces, untouched "My Ad", save to seperate folder, save to root directory.

:thankyou: Any help is appriciated. I did read all the threads that apply and the help tutorials and haven't gotten anything to work.

5. cybrnetico

cybrnetico Staff Member

is the link above the one you are having trouble. It looks allright. Are you trying to link to another server?

6. Fuzzyminds

Fuzzyminds

Marc,

Thanks for the kind words. I'm not sure if I'm experiencing something related to ozzyamos, but less severe but on my home page I used template #5 in the upper left. When it plays, some of the custom text displays while other parts don't. At first glance it seems like when I exported the file, some custom text changes were applied, while others not. Then I looked at the txt file in the asset folder and it accurately reflects all the custom changes. Through a process of elimination, it would appear that something is refusing to pickup some of the custom text and has burnt in the default text which it plays. My issue is only when it plays the "product 3" and "website" lines. The "product 3" line should read "& at Least One Resume" while the "website" line shoud read "Click Here to Learn More!" Instead, I am getting the default text on these lines, and the custom on others.

Here is the content of the text file for your reference:

&dataStr=textField~text1~InfoSecPeople||textField~text2~Get Connected Contest||textField~text3~Simply Setup A Profile||textField~text4~& at Least One Resume||hyperlink~text5~Click Here to Find Out More!~http://www.infosecpeople.com/getconnected.html~text5_hyperlink~center||image~image1.tar~tmp05_img1.jpg||image~image2.tar~tmp05_img2.jpg||image~image3.tar~tmp05_img3.jpg||&

7. ozzyamos

ozzyamos

Cybrnetico - where you referring to http://veggiewerkes.com/test3.htm
    when you say it looks okay? I am not sure what you mean by connecting to another server. And the animation doesn't include what the data file has:

&dataStr=textField~text1~Economical||textField~text2~Enviornmentally Friendly||textField~text3~VEGETABLE OIL||textField~text4~Samrt Fuel for Smart Drivers||textField~text5~VEGGIE WERKES||hyperlink~text6~...it really does~http://veggiewerkes.com~text6_hyperlink~center||image~image1~recycleTriangle.jpg||image~image2~vegagon1.jpg||&

Any suggestions? Thanks!

8. cybrnetico

cybrnetico Staff Member

what is on your data.txt is what I see on your flash ad.
    I am using firefox browser..let me try with IE.

9. cybrnetico

cybrnetico Staff Member

ozzy,
    OMG! i tried it in IE6, does not work..I see default settings....Firefox works fine

:getting n the prob is hte html...I will take a look

10. ozzyamos

ozzyamos

THANKS!!! :bighug:
    I am thrilled someone figured it out!!

NOW I can't wait to find out how to fix it!!

11. HyReZ

HyReZ

Greetings ozzyamos,

I just took a look at the source code for URL that you submited.
    http://veggiewerkes.com/vw's_Webpage.html

In the source code I see the proper embed scr tag for your "vw.swf" file. The SWF file calls up the xxx_assets folder and links its contents to the SWF and inserts the text and images inside according to the instrutions of the data.txt file.

It appears that your assets folder and its contents may be saved in the wrong directory at your web host or it is in the proper directory but was somehow renamed there so that it is not being recognized by the SWF file.

Peace,
    HyReZ

12. cybrnetico

cybrnetico Staff Member

weird

I have been struggling with this one. I cannot figure why IE does not display the proper data for ozzy. Just seems that firefox is displaying correctly. I am stumped :sad:

13. HyReZ

HyReZ

Greetings cybrnetico & ozzyamos,

I called up the URL: http://veggiewerkes.com/test3.htm

I used Internet Explorer 6 and Opera 8.5 and neither would properly display the vm.swf file.

I used Mozilla Firefox 1.0 and its cousin Netscape 8 and they both display the document properly.

I checked the source from within each browser and could not locate any error. I am at a lost for an explanation. This has truly stumped the chump.

Peace,
    HyReZ

14. cybrnetico

cybrnetico Staff Member

:joker: that is funny...now its engraved in my brain LOL :Bob:

15. ozzyamos

ozzyamos

Boo Hoo .. I am so sad I have been messing around with webdesign and would love to imcorporate the ads - I am close to buying FLASH from macromedia...Is anyone familiar with it? Feedback appretiated, it's not cheap!

16. Mr Laughingbird

Hi All!

Excellent posts.
    Thanks to this thread, I belive we've found the solution.

I was going to post the update this afternoon, but after reading your problem Ozzy, I had to fall back into Program mode.

I think I've fixed it. It all has to do with the installed Flash player (mostly) and a "Script.as" text file that is embedded in each Ad. We're still testing it. So far so good.

Cyber! I know I owe you a certain Flash file.
    I apologize for the delay. When I launch the new update, I will be including ALL of the native Flash files along with it.

I will post the update soon!

- Marc

17. cybrnetico

cybrnetico Staff Member

Thanks Marc, I will wait for the update.

Ozzy, hang in there buddy....Remember this software is new, and Marc is ironing out the wrinkles. :D

18. HyReZ

HyReZ

Greetings ozzyamos,

I have a copy of Macromedia Flash MX 2004. It is not the easiest software to use. If you are on a budget and want to get into this Flash creating thing, you may want to get Kool Moves or you may want to try Swish Max. I have an early version called Swish 2 that was very easy to use.

If the update to The Flash Ad Creator will let you save the SWF file with the assets enclosed your problem will be solved.

Peace,
    HyReZ

19. Mr Laughingbird

Hy HyRez :)

Thanks for the post.
    ... this next realease (version 1.5) is an enhancement to the current version. This version will still need the Assets folder output along with the .swf file.

However!
    We've been working and researching this (exporting .swf files without the need of the Assets folder). We think there's a way to accomplish this!

SO, version 2.0 should be available soon (roughly 30 to 45 days).
    I'm excited about this. v2 will have quite a few more features as well. Pausing between frames, color and font changing...

This will be the only place I will post this for awhile until I can make sure all will work perfectly. So far, it looks good! :D

- Marc

20. ozzyamos

ozzyamos

I'll hang in there. Thanks for all the help. I assume I will be notified when the update is available to solve my issues?

Again thanx - I thought I was going nuts!!:banana