PLEASE HELP Falsh Ad vs. Internet Ad Creator

Discussion in 'The Flash Ad Creator' started by SaraGilroy, Jul 15, 2006.

1. SaraGilroy

SaraGilroy

Hi,
    I just purchased Flash Ad creator from Office depot. Alhtough on there website and in your brouchres taht your advertise your software in it shows The Internet Ad Creator. I am wanting to know if this is the exact same product ( as that is waht Office Depot told me cause it had the same item #'s ) or if The Internet Ad creator is an upgrade from the Falsh Ad Creator.

I bought this program understanding that it will help to create Ads for the Internet and was simply to use. Installing and Openning the Flash Ad creator is not what I expected as to the Advertisment about the Internet Ad Creator, seeing that I was informed by Office Depot that it is the exact same product just in a different box. Now I can not return it cause it is opened and used. :helpnow:

2. KD-did

KD-did

If it doesn't say Laughingbird software it isn't the same thing.

3. Worlock

Worlock Guest

KD-did...If you look on Amazon.com they have Laughingbirds Flash Ad Creator listed as Net Ad Creator ( link )http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000AOZ7JK/103-3405593-6863842?v=glance&n=229534
    Thus this can be confusing to the public.

SaraGilroy:

Heres what I would do to get your purchased refunded, Im fimiliar with Office Depots return Policy ( I wont say how ) But what you need to do is talk to a manager and tell them you were mis-led by his/her employee and what they told you about the product and you came to find out different when you got home to use it. Thus the error is on the personnel and not you. Their employees are suppose to be knowledgable about the products they sell apperantly this one wasnt. Stand your ground and dont let them tell you otherwise, they can give you a refund. I know...
    They can do 3 things:
    1- Give you store credit
    2- Product exchange for the same amount
    3- Refund
    this is also in their store policy

4. KD-did

KD-did

Did you happen to notice Amazon even has the name wrong It is "Laughingbird Software" not as they have it Other products by Laughing Bird

5. Worlock

Worlock Guest

They have the box showing it as FAC but the title says "Net Ad Creator" Not Flash Ad Creator" So Yes I did see that as well.

6. Worlock

Worlock Guest

actually Amazon has alot wrong heres what they say as well.

Heres what the wepage from LaughingBird says
    I think they confused Logo Creator with the Flash Ad Creator eh?

7. Chris

Chris Staff Member

SaraGilroy-

Hello. I just want to let you know that you can get a refund from Office Depot. When you go in just be nice about it and explain what happened and you should have no problem getting the refund.

Now as far as Office Depot refund policy they are not suppose to give refunds for open boxes of software. They are only suppose to do an even exchange for the same product. This is an Office Depot Policy for software.

I don't see them giving you any problems. I know I never did when I was a manager for them. It is the nice people that I enjoyed helping the most.

Good luck.

Just curious what city do you live in?

8. SaraGilroy

SaraGilroy

Re: Flash Ad vs Internet Ad Creator

Hi everybody,
    Thanx for all the comments. I live in Enniskillen Ontario about an 1 hr or so east of TORONTO.
    I am over an 1 hr away from the closest Office Depot Store. It can be difficult for me to get their for a refund.
    If you all check out http://www.officedepot.ca type in AD CREAOTR in the search field. You will see that the box says Internet Ad Creator and the descripton is:
    The Internet Ad-Creator lets you creates professional-looking animated flash images for use on the Web. The 50 predesigned ads with text and image placeholders help get you started. Great for eBay® auction ads and attention-grabbing Web site ads.
    The manufactuer says Laughing Bird Software.
    The brouchre that came with TLC even shows That Laughing Bird sells The Internet Ad Creator.

I actually called the Office Depot before going there they looked up the Item # listed off their website and said that it is the Flash Ad Creator which is the same thing as they both have the same Item #. I told them that it is not what their website shows(Falsh Ad Creator) that it shows Interent Ad Creator. They said they must have changed the box.

Does anyone know who I can contact to find out more about the Internet Ad Creator and if it is the same as Flash Ad Creator or if it is an updated version.
    :helpnow:

9. KD-did

KD-did

Send a PM to Marc...the creator of the product through the forum. His username is "laughingbird".

10. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Hello Sara.
    thanks for the post.

The Internet Ad Creator's name changed to "The Flash Ad Creator" last year! I'm surprised (and a little shocked) to hear that OfficeDepo Canada is actually selling the product under the "Internet Ad Creator"! I'll have to get them to change this in their database.

It is the same product - it still creates ads for your webpage.

Hope this helps!

- marc