Please fix flash ad #3

Discussion in 'The Flash Ad Creator' started by mel2000, May 2, 2007.

1. mel2000

mel2000

This has been an ongoing problem that I thought would be fixed by now. FlashPlayer8 clearly shows a stray rectangle entering the scene when product #2 displays. Flash8 also shows it. A modified fla and swf would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. Randy...

Randy... Guest

I'll take a look at this one when I get home tonight and see if I see the same problem. Thanks for the heads up.

3. Worlock

Worlock Guest

What version? I got V1.5 and version 2.0 And I dont see that at all in either one...either that or Im blind as a bat...

4. Randy...

Randy... Guest

Worlock, you beat me to it.....dirty dog. lol, jk

Mel - I played it in Flash 7 player and imported the file into Flash 8 and I find nothing wrong with it.

5. Worlock

Worlock Guest

Well I kinda got concerned...because I was thinking of using that one for a site Im working on. But so far to me its working great...

6. mel2000

mel2000

Sorry for getting back to this thread after such a long delay. I'm still having the problem with template #3, among others. In addition, when I import it to the stage in Flash8, I don't see the pictures, just white rectangles, including the stray one. In fact, I can't get any Flash programs to display the pictures except FlashPlayer7. Is there a way I can upload a screenshot of the problem to this forum?

7. Randy...

Randy... Guest

You can upload a multitude of images using the attachment managment tool (small paperclip looking icon in your 'post reply' advanced screen.

I'm wondering if a reinstall would be beneficial to you. I checked again and I don't have the problems you are having. Everything looks fine to me.

8. Lamo1graphic

Lamo1graphic

have had a good luck at my program,all is working fine,the only thing i can think of,is you have a ghost image that happened when you installed the program

try to do a reinstall of the program and see if that fix`s it
    if you could take a screen shot of the problem that you are having then we might be able to shed a bit of light your way

9. mel2000

mel2000

Thanks for the replies. However, before I reinstall or upload a screenshot I need to make my problem clear: I do not have a problem displaying the swf (all asset files are on my hard drive) in Flashplayer7 or Internet Explorer. I'm only having a problem with converting the swf to an AVI in Flash8 or WinAVI At best, Flash8 displays everything except the images and customized text. At worst, I get a stray artifact shape (template #3). I'd first like to know if I'm doing something wrong in flash8 since I get an error:

Error opening URL "file:///G|/Work%5FFiles/ads/ad%5F56/My%5FAd_path.txt"
    Error opening URL "http:///crossdomain.xml"

Maybe I just need to know how to import the text and pictures into the "My_Ad.swf" file that I imported to the stage. WinAVI crashes when trying to render the swf. Any additional advice will be appreciated.

10. Randy...

Randy... Guest

You're trying to do something that is totatlly different from what you've been letting on. Your conversion maybe be producing the problem. We cannot take any responsibility on what you choose to do with the files in a manner that was not intended. Unless there is someone else here that has had success in what you are trying to accomplish, this is something you'll probably have to figure out on your own. I'm sorry.

11. mel2000

mel2000

Sorry for the confusion. When I created my original post in January using the FAC 1.0 template #3, it consisted of pictures using a little girl as the model. That was the one that showed the stray rectangle in the Flashplayer. The current template #3 is different and is only giving me trouble in Flash8.

That sort of thing can happen when posts are created shortly before software updates. I'm asking about Flash8 compatibility because that program has been discussed here before.