Please critique my frozen cookie dough logo. Any suggestions are appreciated

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator Gallery' started by peelgs, Mar 28, 2004.

1. peelgs

peelgs

Any creative ideas for a logo for a new frozen cookie dough business I want to start? It would be "Greg's gourmet Comfort Cookies"...or something like that. I've ago a slogan I'd like to use as well..."a balanced diet is having a cookie in each hand". Figured there would be some kind of mascot or cartoon figure balancing two of my signature chocolate chip cookies. With me mentioning "gourmet", I quess it has to be classy, but with the slogan, it allows room for something fun as well.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. jamirae

jamirae

HI.. welcome to TLC! :)

this is really good for a first TLC creation!

For a logo, it is a bit much.. I mean there is too much going on in the graphic. Three different fonts, the ribbon with "gourmet", the cute guy with the cookies ...

It's a very cute slogan... it is going to be tough, however to get a good transition from "classy" to "cartoon" in one logo. I mean it may be difficult to blend the two. I'd go for one or the other.

here's a quick one I did using one of the templates in TLC cartoon set (except I changed the clown graphic to a "cool dude" I found on my clipart CD).. but I think the cookies might be better if they were also clip art.. or else use a photo of a person holding a cookie in each hand.

by the way.. I'm a die-hard cookie lover.. what is a "comfort cookie?" I've never heard of that before .. is it something you just coined for your new business or have I been missing out? :D

3. KD-did

KD-did

Jami, "comfort food/cookies" are those foods that evoke good feelings and memories from association with good times in our lives, usually foods from childhood.

Greg, I am sorry but I don't find your mascot guy all that appealing. He looks unhappily deranged rather than happily deranged...It would seem to me you want him crazy over your gourmet cookies not a lunatic because of your cookies. Am I making any sense here?

I don't know about the rest of you but I am looking forward to seeing the next batch of mascots.

4. jamirae

jamirae

well.. then that sounds kind of redundant to me! cookies = comfort if you ask me! :) hee hee.. thanks for the definition, that's a new one for me.

okay.. here's a version with my goofy son holding a cookie in each hand. he's a real ham as you can tell and this was only one of about 7 shots I took of the goof-ball before he ran out of ideas of what to do with the cookies!

anyhow.. here's just another idea of what it might look like with a photo. of course, you would have to determine if a photo would work on whatever you are going to use your logo on (print, web, etc).

5. peelgs

peelgs

Man, you guys are awesome!!! Thanks for the feed back so far. Actually the definition of "comfort cookies" is only part right. I started backing cookies many years ago and found myself backing them for family/friends who may have been going through some tough times. The cookies, so I've been told, brought them a sense of comfort as they were going through. Thus...comfort cookies. Does it seem too corny? I wanted somethig other then just Greg's cookies. I'm new to this so please feel free to offer any suggestions. Once done, maybe I can ship you guys some.

6. jamirae

jamirae

no that is not corny.. but if that is the case then maybe you should make the change the slogan to something that reflects that? (although I love the one you have now!) It just might tie it together and give it more meaning.. like

Greg's Comfort Cookies
    providing comfort during trying times..
    or
    comforting away your blues

okay.. someone can probably come up with something better.. but you get the idea, I hope!

7. Hexastar

Hexastar

mmmmm cookies :)

I think that is a cool business Greg and like your creativity, however I agree it will not be suitable for web or print, etc.

I think the simplicity will help in marketing your new delicious cookies. I also think the tagline should be more catchy, as it will draw in more business for you.

I would like to see more of your ideas.