Pinned topic?

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator Gallery' started by jamirae, Feb 21, 2004.

1. jamirae

jamirae

Marc ... is it possible to have a "pinned" topic that reminds everyone of the posting guidelines?

having read over some of the posts of the last day or so (and seeing that some have also been removed) I think we all need to keep in mind that the purpose of these forums is to help one another with constructive criticism. Most people who use TLC software are not professional graphic artists. The software (correct me if I am wrong, Marc) is intended to be an inexpensive, fun and simple method to create logos.

Not everyone is on the same skill level. Also, what to me or my client may look darn good, clean and professional, to others it may not.

Good, constructive criticsm includes pointing out what (as you see it) doesn't work (i.e. colors, blends, highlights, etc) and the reasons why (not "it sucks" or "you have got to be kdding me!" that is not constructive :) ) Also, adding to that some possible recommendations for improvements so that the "designer" can go back and work on their logo to enhance it.

That is what these forums are about-- helping each other to improve. The majority of the times that is how it is with positive, constructive posts. Newbies especially are looking for ways to improve, not for "smack" talk about their design. I, for one, enjoy coming here and seeing all the helpful tips, the many different looks of the logos and the helpful atmosphere among TLC users.

So if you can't offer helpful, constructive criticsm, then this is probably not the forum for you.

2. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Bravo J.

I whole heartily agree with you.

Yes, the comments over the past day got a bit out of hand.

Some of the comments from a few over the past day or so were not constructive in any way. They were downright mean.

I value opinion and debate (it's what makes a forum!) but this is a place for help and learning. Not a place for slamming and making fun of others.

I won't hap hazardly delete a post because of a critique, but I will toss anybody who trashes the place!

I run a clean town. Everybody is welcome ceptin' if they start causin' unnecessary trouble. Then I run 'em out of town. Them and the horse they rode in on.

- Sherrif Marc

3. LogoCreek

LogoCreek

JR

Great Idea!!

Marc.. I enjoy the small TLC town we have here!!!!

- Erik
    www.LogoCreek.com

4. Lats

Lats Staff Member

Let's get some rules down then.

I'll start :)

1. Be civil to each other.

5. LogoCreek

LogoCreek

6. Hexastar

Hexastar

Jamirae thank you! I was so aggravated the other day. I'm glad this is going to stop, because it is very unmotivating. I'm glad this was brought up :)