Pictures are smashed or stretched...

Discussion in 'The Flash Ad Creator' started by Adam Schmidt, Feb 5, 2007.

1. Adam Schmidt

Adam Schmidt

When I insert my own images into this software, it doesn't allow them to show in the proper format.

They either look smashed or stretched.

How do I make them appear properly?

Thanks in advance!

Adam Schmidt :)

2. frucht

frucht

I have the same problem

When I insert my own images into this software, I have the same problem!

It is absolutely not useful !!!!!!

They either look smashed or stretched.

Has anyone a solution?

3. Syrus XL

Syrus XL

Easiest way to do a test run first. Then get the Properties of the images, width and height. Then save your own images with the exact same dimensions, this will stop FAC distorting them.

Hope that helps! :)

4. sfrench

sfrench

Smashed or Stretched images are a real pain in the butt!! Finding out the properties is even worse. The software should be updated to at least give us an idea of the sizes of the images used. Even if you put the sizes of the sample images on the image itself or a listing of the size of the images for each template—that would help.

5. chuck9997

chuck9997

Ya know.. it seems to me there is a list of the images.. and dimensions.. somewhere. I am pretty sure when I first bought FAC V1.. I looked up the picture sizes pretty easily.. but I can't locate that info now.

6. Christy

Christy

I got FAC a few days ago and this was the first question I had too.

On my desktop I put a shortcut to the template images
    ( C:\Program Files\The Flash Ad Creator v2\Resources\Flash_Ads\images )
    and that allows me to quickly check the properties of each one. This folder also has the photos nicely named by template and image number.

Also what I discovered due to my lack of patience by wanting to learn the program yesterday but having no images prepared was that:

-even after you have created your ad you can change images within the flash ad by overwriting any of the current images in the _assets folder. Of course they need to have the proper dimensions to display correctly.

7. Randy...

Randy... Guest

This program becomes even more sweet when a person understand how the 'back-end' of things work. Great tip!